*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Dear Connor

    Sunday, my tiny 6 lb 13 oz 19 3/4 inch baby boy will be 10 Months old. His first birthday pictures have been scheduled for over a month, and his birthday party planning is in the works. We are going to have a big one in Virginia with our friends and family. Most of Adam's family will hopefully be able to attend also, since Virginia is way closer than Texas from New York. One of his sister's lives in D.C., so hopefully her and her husband can come. (It's April 21st, Kell, I'll fill ya in when I know more :)). I cannot believe I am already preparing for my son to be ONE. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was in the hospital starting my perfect little family of three. I never imagined what being a mother would feel like. I thought I knew how it would be, but it is way different. Way better. Connor has become the single most important thing in my life, and he makes me want to be a better person and mother. Adam couldn't have given me anything more perfect. I see Adam every time I look at Connor, and it is truly amazing.

 Connor,
     My mornings start at 7 a.m... I walk into your room after I wake up to you blabbering on about something very important, and you are bouncing up and down laughing at me. Most mornings you say, "Ey, Ey, Ey! Momamama." I couldn't think of a better way to ever start my day. I slice you up a banana while you giggle in your highchair. You are always excited about breakfast and drinking water from your sippy cup. You are my little water baby. You love water, and that makes me happy. You also love cheerios, arrow root cookies, cheese puffs, veggie straws, cinnamon apples, and spaghetti! Spaghetti is my favorite dinner to feed you. It is also, by far, the messiest. After breakfast, you crawl around the house, and you recently started opening every cabinet you come across.. and you pull everything out! Dear child, please quit putting things in your mouth. Mommy has had several mini heart attacks. You thrive on a schedule, and you are such a happy, loving baby. You are constantly giving mommy kisses and hugs. One of your new things is that you like to chime in with a fake laugh when other people around you laugh about something. It doesn't matter where we are.. home, grocery store, whathaveyou. That usually gets peoples' attention, and you just eat up all the attention you get. Such a little ham. You love going on walks. We usually go after your afternoon nap; while you eat your snack and hang out the stroller, just talking away to whoever will listen to you. Lilly, our pitbull, is your best friend. You give her kisses and bite her tail. Thankfully, she loves you despite the tail biting ;) Maybe it's because she feels bad for chewing up your toy balls. Bath time is one of yours and my favorite time of the day. While I fill up the bath with water, you stand over the tub dancing and bouncing with excitement. Splashing is also one of your favorite things to do... I can't help but laugh at you. I think you are going to be a little swimmer. After bath time, I put you in your pajamas and you wait for dada to get home. Your favorite spot in the house is the window by the front door. You stand and wait for dada to come home and it melts my heart. So far you can say "mama," "dada," "hey," "yucky," and "lilly." Bedtime isn't hard for us. If you are fussy, all I have to do is start singing to you and it quiets you. You are truly my little angel baby, and daddy and I are so blessed that God chose us to be your parents. I hope you know how much we love you, and that I am the best Mama I can possibly be to you. Keep growing into the beautiful, smart, perfect little boy that you are becoming.
Love,
 Mommy





2 comments:

  1. HURRAH! I'm shrieking (inside of course since I'm at work) with excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was really cute :) And I'm so sad I don't live closer. I would love nothing more than to see you guys and celebrate his first birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete