*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I'm cheating on my bGs..

         but I'm showing them lots of love today by stripping them for the first time since I've had them. Oh,and if you are wondering, "wth are bGs?," they are bumGenius 4.0 cloth diapers. Yesterday, my bff called me, and she was telling me about how she was at lunch with her fabulous midwife who delivered my sweet God-daughter. Her midwife uses cloth diapers too, and she uses Blueberry cloth diapers that are apparently adorbs and have great designs. blah blah, who cares, I love my bGs. Welllll, I got off the phone, hopped on the computer, and of course googled to see what these so called blueberry diapers were all about. Uhm.., they are all about awesome... looking. And could it be... but they're pocket diapers. And got great reviews. I HAD to order the monkey diaper. Look...
Doesn't that have "Connor" written all over it?? But, I will decide how I really feel about these Blueberries after I put it on Con's booty. If it proves worthy, I will definitely be ordering some more cute designs. That is the ONLY negative thing I have to say about the bGs... not enough design. They have some cute ones, but they are girly (IMO).
    Okay, for all you bG owners, today I stripped my diapers for the first time. 7 at a time (I have 21). I noticed that they haven't been absorbing as well... and this morning Adam came struttin' into our bedroom, Connor in tote, proclaiming that Connor's butt smelled like bad seafood. (Granted, he had been in the same diaper for about 8 hours and did drop a load, but I decided it was time to strip them.) We've had them for 6 months, and I didn't show them enough love in the begging, so I'd say we did pretty good! They are MUCH better! Oh, and they have been drying in the sun today too. Stains are a bad look for the bGs. As for stripping them, toss your clean diapers in the wash, throw in a tbsp of dish soap (blue dawn) and 3/4 cup of bleach and wash on HOT. Then, do an extra HOT wash with no detergent or anything. A little time consuming but well worth it if you need to "fix" your diapers. Hopefully they will be good for a while. I didn't really know how to care for my diapers in the beginning, so I'm positive that detergent buildup was a huge factor in the stench and absorbancy. Well, Connor woke up again.. naps are killin me! Happy Humpday!

1 comment: