*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Lonesome in the Lonestar state

      It's 8:30 p.m., and Adam's been working for over 12 hours.. again. Loneliness becomes the 'norm' with Military families. I've been through the long distance relationship, the work ups, field ops, and deployment, but this... recruiting duty... whole different ball game. We are approaching the one year mark... two more to go. There are no weekends off, and yeah, the long days in the fleet are tough but don't compare. I miss my husband. Even though he comes home at night, I miss him! I am writing on here because I am not a fan of complaining, and I REALLY try hard not to complain to him. But sometimes it feels good to vent. He has a hard enough time with work. The very last thing he needs is for his wife to add stress to his already heavy workload. I keep busy (Connor keeps me busy!), but some days I just have a hard time. Before we came on Recruiting Duty, people kept telling us that it would be the ultimate test in our marriage. I can see that. I am extremely proud to say that while we've had some wobbly days, we are doing great. I hope and pray to God every night to help me be a good wife. I want Adam to look forward to coming home and know that I'll always be here for him to come home to. I know he has a hard time because he misses us too. Some nights he begs me to wake up Connor so he can play with him. I always say, "go for it, but he's all yours!" He quickly changes his mind... Friday night, we are going on a date night! Movie and dinner... we haven't done that in months. Another issue we have is that we don't have family here, and it's hard to find people to help with Connor so that we can have a night out with just the 2 of us. Friday night, one of the guys who works with Adam and his wife are going to come over and watch Connor for us. We need it so bad, and I miss being with him in that way. I'm really looking forward to it!! Now, I just hope he doesn't have to work late.. I am so proud to be a Marine wife, and I support my husband 150%. But.. It can get pretty lonely. Here's to all you military wives and our lonely nights. We only get stronger through this..

3 comments:

  1. Im sorry babe!!! I know the feeling, I just sit back and laugh sometimes when I am sitting at home alone and think to when we couldnt wait to leave J-ville! Now I just count down the days when we can go back! Im grateful Caleb isnt deployed too but at least when we were alone there we had a GREAT support system. Just know I am grateful for a friend like you and cherish the fun times we had!!!!! :) xoxo Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking such great care of your soldiers as they and you pay such a price for our great nation! You and your loved ones do what most of us can't. So thank you! I can't imagine how hard it is.

      Delete
  2. Wow Lauren thanks for that! I am often in a horrible mood when Ant gets home from work..late or not! This is a great reminder for me to honor my husband! :)

    ReplyDelete