*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Every Saint Has a Past & Every Sinner Has a Future

       Now, I don't claim to be a saint or the best christian. I'm a sinner, and I'm not afraid to admit that because while I am a sinner, I have been saved and know a love like no other from our God. I strive to live my life in the image of the Lord, but I'm not going to pretend like I don't slip up.. often. The church is/should be a hospital for sinners and not a museum for saints, and with that said... Every saint has a past & Every sinner has a future ♥ RIP Whitney, RIP to all of our military members who have given the ultimate sacrifice, and RIP to anyone taken too soon.. a death is a death, and everyone deserves to be mourned. Remember the people that they left behind on Earth... family, friends. It hurts for their family, regardless of whether they were once an addict or not. They are ALL God's children.
      Whitney Houston died, and while many speculate what caused her death, I have seen so many people point their fingers. Not only are they bashing her for using drugs, but they are saying that her death is insignificant. "Why are people mourning her death when she lived many years of her life in sin?" People, we sin every single day. I'm not going to sit here and say that I was hugely impacted by Whitney Houston's death, but she was a mother, a daughter, a wife, and friend, so I lifted them all up in prayer. I also include the military in my prayers every day. I pray for our men and women fighting overseas, and I pray for their families and friends. I have lost many people I loved way too soon, and I pray for them and their families. Also, I pray about my imperfections. I know I am not perfect, and I don't ever claim to be, and neither is anyone else on this Earth... I hope, for the people passing judgment, that they take a long hard look at themselves. You are allowed to have opinions but don't forget about respect.

2 comments: