*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

By the Grace of God and Two Pots of Coffee

            Tonight, I was rocking my sweet baby boy to sleep and singing him a lullaby; meanwhile, he was smacking me in the face, sticking every one of his fingers up my nose, and trying to shove his pacifier in my mouth. (He was probably trying to shut me up because my "whisper voice" is not so great. Alright, little buddy, I get it). I came to a realization in that moment that parenthood is so, very different than I had envisioned, but I love it so much more than I ever imagined I would. When I pictured myself rocking Connor to sleep before I had him, I saw myself rocking him and singing a lullaby while he gently closed his eyes and fell into sweet baby dreams. HAHAHA. I wasn't prepared for a little boy with such a huge personality. Every day of my life is an adventure, but my favorite part is walking into Connor's room in the morning and watching him bounce up and down in his crib, smiling, and saying "mommmamama!" There really is no better feeling in the world, but the reality is that  there are going to be days when showers are a luxury, sweet potatoes become an accessory, and the only way you make it through  the day is by the grace of God and two pots of coffee... cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment