*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Get a Room!

       Last night, Adam and I went on a real date! Highlight, italics, underlined... real! We haven't done that in a very long time. We've been on lunch dates, what my friend calls "playdates," lol, but that is what the extent of our life without Connor has been. One of the guys at Adam's office and his wife have been offering to watch Connor for us, and they are great people. But, I always feel like I'm burdening people when I ask them to watch my child. Well, they basically voluntold us that they were coming over to watch Connor, and Adam and I were going out. It was glorious. They drove to our house and demanded we not come home before 11. I was running around the house preparing bottles, and trying to explain to them what they already knew about Connor. They both love Connor to pieces, and I knew he was in very good hands. I was nervous that he would get separation anxiety, cry, and not go to bed... well he didn't do any of that. He was fine, playing with Chris when we left, and about an hour after we were gone, they got him to sleep with ease. I got dressed up, which is a huge change to what Adam has gotten used to seeing... sweatpants and big teeshirts are what he comes home to since he gets home so late at night. I'm sure he is so turned on, lol. Adam and I went to see "The Vow" which was pretty good. I think the ending could have been better, but it was good. Except we were in a theater full of teeny boppers who giggled too much. It will really make you feel old... (Adam told me that he knows he's getting old because the other day a mustang squealed their tires, and it pissed him off so he honked the horn. hahahaha... nerd) Then, when we were walking to the car, Adam grabbed my butt and gave me a kiss and these teenagers yelled out their windows "GET A ROOM!" We were excited about that. haha Sure, we will go home to our house where our baby is.. LoL. As a teenager, that would have embarrassed me, but now it is great to know that you and your husband can make teenagers queasy ;) We went to eat at Salt Grass, where I got a coronarita.. those suckers will knock you on your butt! It was a success, and we both had a lot of fun! Something we need to do more often, that is for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment