*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Monday, March 5, 2012

I don't strive to be a hero... I strive to be a great mom.

       Friday, my neighbor asked me if I work out. "Uhh, why? I asked", thinking "Crap, she can totally tell that I most definitely have not been to the gym in 2 months." She told me I look buff! So, in my world "weight lifting" consists of juggling a 25 lb baby all day and "cardio" consists of chasing that 25 lb baby around all.day.long... and then eating (whatever takes 5 minutes to make) over the kitchen sink. And I do go for afternoon walks often. Yes, yes I do work out! Okay, I admit that I tell myself that to make me feel better about that gym membership that doesn't get used enough. I know there are moms who do what I do and also go to the gym every day, but guess what.. I do not, and I don't beat myself up about it.. too much. I get on gym kicks, and then Connor gets sick (I decided it was from the gym daycare) and then I don't go for 2 months. Kudos to moms who go to the gym, and still manage to do everything they need to do around the house and for their family. I envy them. I'm just not one of them. I plan on starting my gym kick back up next week, but we will see how it goes. For now, I'm perfectly content drinking my coffee in the morning, using my baby as a weight and cardio machine, drinking wine at night, and cheating on my diet when I've had a long day. After all, I don't strive to be a hero... I strive to be a great mom.

3 comments:

  1. I don't go to the gym-but I sure as heck "workout" between chasing my toddler, keeping a somewhat clean house, taking care of my older two kids when they get home from school...the list goes on. I hardly sit down all day! I don't like gyms anyway-they smell and are a germ factor! I'd rather take out the jogging stroller and enjoy some fresh air! But I know I am a bit neurotic too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? hahaha.. I only like the gym for weight lifting, but Cardio is much better when done in fresh air outside!! I feel like I'm constantly doing stuff anyway.. who needs the gym? ;)

    ReplyDelete