*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

11 months old

      One more month until Connor is ONE... ONE!!!  I'm having a harder time than I thought I would. Mostly because the day before he turned 11 months, (Sunday), he just took off walking. He's been taking steps, but he was still soo wobbly. Then, on Sunday, he walked across the room. I waited for him to fall but he maintained his balance. He started to crawl again, so I figured it was a fluke? Then tonight he kept walking. He would walk instead of crawl long and then even longer distances before tumbling over. Adam and I both cried on Sunday because he is growing so fast. It really shocked us. Babies learn so quickly, and we know once he started walking it was allll over from there! Also, last Friday, as Adam was leaving for work he kissed Connor bye and Connor waved and said "byeee byee." Adam tried to lean in for one more kiss and Connor shoved him away and said "BYE!" haha He has been repeating so much back to me, and he's so smart. He amazes me. He's almost one year old, and the March of Dimes walk is April 29 in Houston. 3 days after his first birthday. That is very dear to my heart. I cannot believe that almost a year ago, I was in the hospital with him. I can't even begin to explain the heartbreak as I watched my newborn baby struggle to breathe and eat. I am walking in the March for Babies, and if anyone wants to donate ANY amount, it would be greatly appreciated. I didn't set a very high goal, but I'd love to surpass my goal of $100. I am so grateful for the NICU nurses and March of Dimes for providing the necessary care that my preemie baby needed. Because of them, Connor is here today a healthy, extremely happy, and beautiful TODDLER! Here is the link to my page:

http://www.marchforbabies.org/personal_page.asp?pp=4352720&ct=4&w=5530567&u=lhill630


     Kristen, my sister, came to visit last Thursday through Monday. Connor LOVES Aunt Kristen. It was sooo nice to have a piece of home and a piece of my heart here in Texas. I miss my family and friends so, very much! We went to the beach, and Connor had a blast! We also had a girls night while Daddy took care of Connor and put him to bed. It was much needed and so relaxing. We ended up seeing Hunger games, and I had a few Coronaritas. Delish! I was sad to see her go, but I will be in VA in a little over 2 weeks! Here are some pics of what we've been up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment