*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The hardest part was finding you b,ut once I did...I knew

       It's been awhile since I've posted! Things have been crazy hectic 'round here, and Adam has been working his butt off. Which means, I have been playing Mommy and Daddy, leaving me little time to do anything, much less blog. That's my excuse & I'm sticking to it...

     Yesterday was my and Adam's wedding anniversary. We plan to celebrate whichever one Adam is home for, either Jan. 14 or Mar. 20, and if he's here for both then we do little celebrations both days. We'll make up for the years we don't get to celebrate any.. like last year. Adam managed to be gone for both anniversaries. Jan. 14 is the day we actually got our marriage certificate, but Mar. 20 was so special because we got to celebrate with our family and friends. I figured we would just drink wine and watch our wedding video. Well, Adam got off work relatively early, picked up chinese food and wine and came home. I was surprised when I went to get my food.. there was a little box. I looove little boxes! He went and got me a beautiful necklace! Connor's birthstone is a diamond, and this necklace is very simple white gold with a single diamond in it. I love it! He is so thoughtful, and is freakishly good at picking out jewelry for me. The night was so great. We watched our wedding video, and laughed and talked about everything. Connor woke up in the middle of it, so we brought him in the living room and can't believe how far we've come. We also watched our whole ceremony, and I have to say that I didn't "get it" on our wedding day. The preacher was talking, and all I heard was "womp womp" because I was so nervous and smitten by my handsome husband. But, last night, Adam and I really listened... Two years in, and it makes so much sense. We have certainly been through a lot, but I am so very lucky to have found such an amazing man. Listening to the preacher, took me back to every silly fight and how truly silly they were. Then, I thought about the day I had Connor. Adam was by my side the entire time. Through sickness and in health took on a whole new meaning. Our marriage is hard. We are constantly struggling to find time for one another. The Marine Corps, recruiting duty, and a baby on top of that. Last night was much needed. We laughed like we hadn't laughed in a long time, and I was reminded why I do what I do as a Marine Wife. It's tough, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm so blessed.



1 comment:

  1. Waaah! Reading that and then the song.. so sweet! Tears in my eyes. Happy Anniversary love!

    ReplyDelete