*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Stage Fiver

            If I say Connor has been attached to my hip, that will be an understatement. This child has been so clingy! I don't really mind to be honest. It kind of makes me feel good, even if that does sound crazy. I enjoy being "wanted" and "needed," but sometimes I also need a Mommy moment, and I only get those when Connor is napping and Adam is at work. (Last night, for example, Connor wouldn't fall asleep unless he was AT LEAST holding my hand, LOL. Is it my own fault? Probs). I am not going to say I'm happy to see Adam back at work, but I'm ready to have "me" time. And Adam gets way stressed when Connor has a bad day.. which stresses me out more. I love being home with Connor, even on the bad days. I'm his mommy, and God really did work some kind of miracle in me because I swear I have never been this patient with ANYTHING. And, with this whole being a stay at home mom talk, I'll get to my next news. I applied for a "teller" position at a bank. Why, may you ask? I HAVE NO IDEA. But, it was dumb because I didn't want that job. Maybe I did it just because I was curious to take the assessment. It was fun. Okay, and then I almost went on the interview this morning.. then I realized that was dumb. I would only be working 20 hrs/ week making a little over $11/hr. Uhm, that's not worth it! If I work, which I do eventually want to work outside of the home, it needs to be a job that is worth it. I need to make more than $11/hr if I'm going to leave my baby in daycare. Not that I am against anyone working! I'll explain further... my husband as you know, is a Marine, and right now he is on recruiting duty. His hours are insane. He leaves the house around 8 am and works until 8 or 9 pm. Some mornings he is out of the door earlier, and sometimes he is even up at 2 am. There are plenty of nights he has worked later than 9 pm, and he works weekends most of the time. I feel like the only stability in Connor's life is me at home with him. As he gets older, I have so much fun stuff planned. Trips to the zoo, activities... things I want to teach him. I guess I just feel that if I CAN be at home with him, why not? We aren't struggling with $$, and while an extra income would be awesome, like I said, it needs to be worth it. So, at last minute, I decided to not go to the interview, and Adam supported me. As far as New Years resolutions go, Adam and I made one to savee as much $$ that we can, and spend WAY less. I am going to buy a big white board and track our budget each pay period. I know we can save more than we have been. Also, I plan on cooking healthy meals for Adam to come home to. Even if he gets home late, and his meals are cold! LoL. And starting tomorrow, I will be in the gym 3 days a week. Monday/Wednesday/Friday. Those are my resolutions. And, of course, I have lots of adventures planned for Connor and me. Cheers to 2012! In other news.. Connor is forever standing up in his crib. Good thing we lowered it, but naptime/bedtime is almost impossible these days!



      

5 comments:

  1. You are such a good mommy!!! And we have learned since I only have 2 paychecks left (eek!) before our little one comes and I am home, that saving money can be a fun game! LOL I highly reccommend Dave Ramsey envelopes. Even if you dont want to do his whole program, which we do not, just the envelopes has worked wonders because it shows you just HOW much you spend. We swear by them! And alo, couponing is fun too! It takes a little bit of time, but start out small and then work your way up. You realize that you can cut your grocery bill in half! That has really helped us too! Especially if you have a commissary to go to! If you want to get started, I'd be happy to help you! I started about a year ago and love couponing. It takes time but is so worth it! :) Great thing to do while Connor naps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELP ME! haha.. Seriously, I try, but don't think I know how to do it right. What are your secrets? And I will look into Dave Ramsey. Never heard of it :)\

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could tell you all kinds of things on this! I just went to CVS and saved $36.00 on household stuff I needed! Super Excited! And bought ALL free and Clear laundry detergent for Colton's clothes for a buck! Woo hoo! Send me your email and I will respond when I have a minute at work and give you a quick rundown- kcpchef@gmail.com

    Also, for Dave Ramsey, go to his website- just google Dave Ramsy and it will come up. There may be a church near you that offers a class for him or you can just do it half way which is what we find to be more beneficial for us now. Its all about telling your money where to go. I can send you some info on that too! I LOVE saving money! HAHA So I am happy to share what has worked for us. It doesnt work for everyone and let me tell you- ITS HARD!!!!! But we will be able to live off one income because of it. (Which I know you already accomplished!) But it may help you find more money you didnt know you had :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!! Thanks so much, girl! My email is lhill630@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would cling to you if you were my mommy too!!! lol. But I am serious you are SUCH a good mommy!! I love love love to hear about Connor and your adventures!!! He is just the sweetest thing, so handsome! And its nice because I can learn from you from one day when I pop out a baby!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete