*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Baby Proofing..

             I feel like the past few weeks have been one huge milestone for Connor. As soon as that booger started crawling, he has not slowed down a bit. He pulls up on everything, holds on with one hand, walks holding on to walls, toys, the couch, and he just lets go! The other day he let go and stood up by himself for a few seconds before falling. The child has no fear, but don't worry, this Momma has enough fear for all of us. I am terrified of Connor's newfound independence. Adam and I started baby proofing a few weeks ago, and I feel like there is something new I need to protect Connor from, daily. Let's see, the doorstops have been my main concern. I was putting away his clothes in his room the other day, and he was right next to me, just standing up holding on to his crib. I happened to glance down and notice him really quiet. (Whenever he is quiet, I stick my fingers in his mouth because EVERYTHING goes in his mouth). Sure enough, he had the rubber end of the doorstop in his mouth. I almost died... I felt like the world's worst mother. I frantically ran around the house grabbing every end off of every door stop. Phew... we were safe. Tonight, I was getting Connor ready for his bath. The tub was filling up, I was rinsing out a diaper, and he was sitting on the bathroom floor, when again he got quiet. I opened his mouth and found a piece of plastic in there. You know when you buy a new baby shampoo or bathwash and there is the plastic seal under the cap? Yeah, THAT! Ugh.. I felt horrible. Even if an object won't fit in Connor's mouth, he tries to put it there. It is frustrating, and reminds me that every second that he is not in my arms, I have to watch him like a hawk! Don't underestimate a baby because they are smarter than you think, and they find everything. Connor is so observant, and points out everything. I thought we had done all we could! We moved the coffee table and end tables, pulled up the blinds, covered the electrical sockets, taped cords, etc. etc. Well, apparently Connor is quite the little explorer.
            Last week was great. My mom came to visit, and she was a HUGE help! I had a procedure done to remove a chunk of skin from a mole. It's sore, but not too bad. My mom was amazing with Connor. She just took over, and he was very happy to let her do it. He sure does love Nana, and it's adorable. Mom left today, and of course tears were shed. It's so hard living so far away from her, the rest of my family, and my friends. I am having to miss one of my best friend's baby shower because of this damn procedure, but I am looking forward to meeting Miss Morgan in the spring! She is going to be one adorable little baby girl! Well, here are some pics from Nana's visit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment