*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Baby Sleep Regression.. It's Real!!!

           I thought traveling to NY threw Connor off of his sleeping habits. He used to just lay down with his Scout singing puppy, and he'd be asleep with no.fuss.at.all. We went to NY for Christmas, and I'm sure the being out of his norm contributed some, but he is still doing it at home over a week later. The kid does NOT want to go to bed, and he continually wakes up at night. Okay, here's my reasoning. 1) He's teething. He has 2 bottom teeth that basically grew in a week apart, 2) He's reached the 8 month Mommy nightmare! He's crawling, pulling up, talking, learning, playing, and just insanely busy. He fights his naptime every day, which makes him way over tired by bedtime. Why, why, why is it so much harder to get an overly tired baby to sleep. Adam gets so frustrated. He says, "why won't he just simply go to sleep?" Well, my dear, that would be way too easy. I've tried to research and read about things I can do. The CIO method which I've posted that I'm against... (that was before this phase!) haha, I mean, I really don't prefer it, but don't knock it til' you've tried it. I say that about everything, so what's different about parenting? I said it about cloth diapers, and look at me.. I'm all about those bumGenius'! So, I'm going to try this "tough love" approach. Connor is totally playing me, and I know it. As soon as I walk in he will suck you in with his whimper, sad face, and he even reaches out to me. He did it to Adam, and Adam caved... brought Connor right in our room. He's being sneaky, but after I've talked to a few of my momma friends, I've decided on this method.. It's a little mix of everyone's advice: I'm going to first try to make him take his naps doing the CIO method, and if that doesn't work then alter the napping schedule, and at night I'm going to let him CIO for 10 minutes at a time. Go in, lay him down, comfort him with a soft voice and back rub(read that)..., and I'm going to suffer through this until we get it figured out. He's been super clingy lately too, so I'm sure this is a huge part of it. Anywho.. wish me luck!!!!!! Until next time.. Of course here's my prince.

No comments:

Post a Comment