*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Monday, January 23, 2012

I wasn't even pregnant with you for 9 months...

           
          Today while I was sitting on the floor, Connor crawled up to me, stood up by holding on to my knee, looked at me with those huge gray eyes and planted a giant kiss on my lips. He, then, sat back down and continued on his way, exploring every inch of this house. He will be 9 months on Thursday, and all I can think is "I didn't even carry you in my belly for 9 months! What are you doing crawling around, babbling words like "mama," "dada," "hey," and waving hi and bye?" Connor has a huge personality, and while his personality can make me want to yank my hair out, it mostly just makes me laugh and smile. I can't not smile at his adorable little grin when he does something mischievous. He smiles with his big eyes, and if you've seen the ridiculous amounts of pictures I post around my facebook and blog, you've seen those eyes "smiling." (I can't figure out the color. I call them gray because they are a really deep blue/hazel). Sometimes I wonder where in the world he gets his personality, and then his dad walks in the door. Those two are like 2 peas in a pod. Connor is obsessed with the guitar and laughs and dances when Adam plays it for him. The sweetness and love that Connor shows me on a daily basis baffles me too, until again, I think of my husband. Adam always shows me affection. Constantly reaching in for a hug and a kiss. The other day I saw Connor watching us. (We were obviously being PG, folks). But, It really made me thankful for the fact that he mimics a positive thing such as love and affection, and Hey, maybe we are doing somethin' right! He's really growing into an amazing little boy. I just wish it he wasn't in such a hurry..





1 comment:

  1. I bet Adam walked in and wimpered "my bride" and Connor thought it was funny. ;)

    He is indeed getting so big. I wish you guys still lived in NC so we could visit often!

    ReplyDelete