*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Monday, April 29, 2013

36 weeks :)

       36 weeks!! I am officially the most pregnant I have ever been! This is a huge milestone for me, and I am so relieved. Every day that the baby is cooking in my womb is huge, and I am very excited. My doctor's appointment went very well today. No protein in my urine, and my blood pressure was 120/80. I'm nervous it is going to creep up, but it has stayed roughly between 115-125/70-80 this whole pregnancy, so I am still within my normal range. The doctor measured me today, and he said "you've got a big baby." Not surprised there. Connor was 6 lbs 13 oz at 35 weeks 4 days! I did test positive for the Group B Strep though. Bummer! It isn't a huge deal apparently, according to my doctor. He said that they will administer the antibiotics, and it will be fine. If that is my only problem, I will be thrilled. The contractions have been pretty rough this time! I didn't have them with Connor, so it is definitely different. Adam doesn't seem to really understand, but they are painful! Doctor told me today that if I have regular contractions and/or my water breaks to go to Labor and Delivery, obviously. He joked today that I probably won't make it to 39 weeks. I am sure I will though! I hope so! Please continue prayers for Austin and Me! I appreciate the support, prayers, and love!


How far along?: 36 weeks.
Sleep: Still sleeping okay, but up to pee a lot!
Best moment this week: Going to the beach and celebrating Connor's 2nd birthday! We had such a good time. Then, my doctors appointment went really well today. :)
Movement: He is crazy! Adam and I just sit amazed at how my stomach looks like there is a shark in there.
Symptoms: Headaches, contractions, full bladder, aches, pains, etc etc.
Food cravings: I've been loving some ice creaaaam. Mint choc chip to be exact.
Food aversions: I cannot stomach vegetable juice.
Gender: My sweet Austin. Boy :)
Labor Signs: Contractions here and there & lots of pains.
Belly Button in or out?: What belly button?
What I miss: Being able to sleep in any position I want without a pillow under my giant tummy.
What I am looking forward to: D-Day
Weekly Wisdom: Drink as much water as you can stand. It keeps the swelling down :)
Milestones: Austin is probably measuring about 19.5 inches and weighs about 6.6 pounds (or more). Doctor told me today that he is a big baby. Not surprised!
My milestone is this week! I am officially the most pregnant I have ever been! :)

2 comments:

  1. i look at the picture above and laugh and laugh. you look incredible, but you are most definitely pregnant. i can not wait to meet this new Hill baby. y'all are one of my favorite families. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I love you! haha, well at 36 weeks there is no discrete way to not look pregnant! I am just dealing with it, and I'm just glad my feet and hands aren't like the Michelin man's.. yet! ;)

    ReplyDelete