*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Monday, April 15, 2013

34 weeks!

   34 weeks. Phew. This feels like a milestone, but 36 weeks will be my big milestone. I had Con at 35 weeks 4 days, and I really want to make it all the way to 39 weeks when my C-section is scheduled. I had my doctor's appointment today. It went great. I was there last Thursday as well b/c I had headaches and dizziness. It went away though, and my doctor thinks it is due to my allergies this season. Or, just the fact that I'm getting really anxious as May approaches. Still, I was worried for obvious reasons. My blood pressure was 118/70 last week and 116/70 today. Those are actually the lowest it has been this whole pregnancy, so I'm praying it stays that way, and these headaches subside. I read that it could mean high bp, but it can also just be due to being big, uncomfortable, and poor posture. Anyway, I'm enjoying my pregnancy and hoping things continue to go smoothly. Today, the doctor also told me that Austin is laying sideways. That would explain a lot of the pain in my sides when he kicks. It doesn't matter how he is laying since I am having a C-section though. I'm hoping these next 5 weeks fly by. We are ready for Austin. I'm waiting for his coming home outfit in the mail, and his bassinet should be here this week or next week :) Anyway, not much more to report!


How far along?: 34 weeks.
Sleep: It's not too bad. I get up to pee a lot b/c I drink over 100 oz of water/day.
Best moment this week: Doc apt today. 34 week appointment and everything is still great.
Movement: He rolls and gets those feet stuck. Hurts! We learned that he is laying sideways today! Ouch.
Symptoms: Headache, back pains, tiredness, feeling HUGE.
Food cravings: Nothing in particular.
Food aversions: No real aversions, but I prefer fruits and veggies over junk.
Gender: BOY! Sweet Austin :)
Labor Signs: Nothing yet. Doc checked today when he did the GBS test, and obviously there isn't any progress. No big deal. I REALLY want to make it to 39 weeks!
Belly Button in or out?: flat. lol
What I miss: Putting my shoes on easily.
What I am looking forward to: May 21st :)
Weekly Wisdom: Inform your doctor of any worries, but try to remember that everything is "normal" in pregnancy.
Milestones: Austin is about 5 ½ lbs and measuring about 17 ½ inches. That's crazy to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment