*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Monday, October 3, 2011

Kid screaming, Phone ringing, Dogs barking at the mailman bringing that stack of bills...

   


     My life felt like a song today. Connor was screaming, the phone was ringing, the dogs were barking, and I had a pounding headache. That is enough to drive a perfectly normal person crazy!! I must say that God gives you patience when you have a baby, so don't worry all of you future mommas. If this was a year ago, I would have probably lost my mind. And when they say "it's different with your own..." it really is. No matter how annoying that sounds. Ha! Connor slept 10 1/2 hours last night though! From 9:30-8:00 :) Adam and I woke up a couple of times and were quite confused, but he was sound asleep. He usually goes to bed around 9:00 or 9:15 and will wake up around 4 or 5 for a bottle and then back to sleep he goes, but not last night! I'm not sure, but I think he's going through a growth spurt because he ate and slept most of the day today.. oh, and he fussed. It wasn't his day, but he is such a happy baby these days, I can't complain. I bought organic green beans and made them for him... annnnd he hates them. He shivered in disgust, gagged, and he even threw up a little bit. SO, I won't force him to eat his green beans yet. I'll just wait until he's a little older. The texture might gross him out too. It is quite funky. Anyway, this weekend was a lot of fun. Friday night, Adam and I went out to dinner, and Saturday we went shopping all day. I got my USMC Ball dress! I love it! We also got a new coffee maker. My old one was about 18 years old, haha.. about time! This one even has a timer.. welcome to the new age. My old coffee maker literally was from about 1990. Embarrassing. Sunday, my family went to church! It was kind of a battle to get Adam to go, but we were so glad that we went after the service was over. It spoke right to us, and the tension that we felt was lifted. Ironically, the sermon was about marriage and the "ugly" side of it. The speaker spoke truth and didn't sugar coat marriage. Hey, we all know it isn't always rainbows and butterflies, so why do we pretend? It's work and a 2 way street. I really love this church, and I'm looking forward to the new series this month. Back to Connor... he's sitting up really well, still, but he falls to the side sometimes lol. He hasn't figured out how to catch himself, but it's okay.. he's getting there. He's also started to cackle and it's hilarious. Well, here's some pics from the past week! enjoy :)

                                                             Little Man
                                               Before church on Sunday :)
                                    Big boy in the shopping cart!
                                                             Hi mom!!
                               Watching the dogs..

No comments:

Post a Comment