*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

6 MONTHS = 1/2 a year old!!

Drumroll please.....


My little Sock Monkey is 6 months old, weighing in at 19 lbs 7 oz and 27 1/2 inches long. He is in the 80th percentile for both weight and height. His head measurement is 95th percentile. It's a big noggin, but it's the cutest big noggin I've ever seen :) Connor's doctor's appointment was at 7:30 a.m. on Friday. Uhm, that sucked to say the least. He doesn't even get up that early, lol. but he was in a fabulous mood... until the shots were administered. Poor baby. We went ahead and got his flu shot. Adam and I have been debating it for 2 months, but since we will be traveling lots this winter, we decided to talk to his doctor and see what she suggested. She HIGHLY recommended the flu shot, especially since we will be flying a lot. She said that the risks of the flu are so much worse than the flu shot. Anyway, we decided it was best for our child, and it's definitely a personal parenting choice. Connor is quite the little stinker. He is trying SO hard to crawl, but can't figure it out yet. He doesn't nap like he used to. At all. But, it is so much fun having a 6 month old. He is on stage 2 baby foods now, and his doctor said we can even start him on meats. Right now, I'm holding off on that. I am introducing mixed fruits and mixed vegetables, and more of the stage 2 vegetables. We also got him yogurt, and I even got him the gerber graduates little "cheerio" flavored things. Yeah, that was a terrible description. Anyway, they basically just melt in his mouth and he feeds himself :) He is my pride and joy, and he's been a very happy baby. HOWEVER, he is so busy. Connor has to constantly being doing something or he gets bored and whines. That is why I am excited for him to start crawling. I'm excited for him to be able to do things himself, but I am going to be all over the place! He is so busy, and I know it's just going to get so much worse. Speaking of, Adam and I have a lot of baby proofing to do. I may go next week and get a few safety proofing things. It won't be long.. This past week has been INSANE. I mean, there is no other way to put that. Gus, our male pitbull, has epilepsy, and he had a really bad episode Tuesday. It is saturday and he is still way out of it. He can't walk, and it's a mess. I'm just praying to God he pulls through and we can get it under control. It's awful. Adam has been working his ass off too, which makes it really hard trying to drag a 75 lb dog to and from the vet when he can't even walk! .. and cleaning up poop. Agh! I need to take a deep breath sometimes and realize that I get my husband home at night. It might not be for long, but I get to see him everyday. He bought me flowers today because it's just been a rough week. He's the best <3 Halloween is Monday, and as you can see, Connor is a Sock Monkey! My mom made his little hat and diaper cover. It's SO adorable. I'll post more pics :) Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. It's good to know that Connor followed in the Huge Hill Head trend. ;)

    And I love the sock monkey!

    ReplyDelete