*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

I gotta cut loose...

         Footloose :) It was so good! I had my doubts because I'm totally obsessed with the original, and how in the world could they make Footloose without Kevin Bacon? But, I'm tellin' you, it was great!! They made it original, but kept parts of the old movie.. Like in the end, Ariel and Ren wear the same outfits that they wore in the original film. It was cute. Okay, and with that said, obviously you can't take an "almost" 6 month old in a theater, so YES people, I went without Connor. And even better, I went all by myself. I haven't had alone time in 6 months. I texted Adam several times. About 5 times in 2.5 hours, which is slightly ridiculous, but if you have a baby you understand. Am I crazy for just now getting out without my baby? Yah, probs, but hey, I did it. It made me remember that I am a person without Connor, and I heavily advise that all you momma's step out on the town (or into a movie theater) by yourself from time to time. (However, I'm sure most of you have or do and are thinking "wow, she just got out without her child??") Not that it would really make loads of a difference, but need I remind you, I live in Texas with no family and new friends. I just found a friend who I really trust to watch Connor. It's not that I don't really trust people, I just don't know them well, and that's not comforting when it comes to leaving your baby. I wish I had family here to watch Connor for us. We WERE supposed to go out Friday night, but the friend that was going to watch Connor had a stomach bug. And on top of that, Adam, Connor and I were all sick last week and into the weekend. Adam and I plan to go on a date friday night, and Morgan is going to watch Connor for us. Her and her husband, Blane, LOVE Connor :) Speaking of "the fat man," as Adam calls him, he MUST be cutting a tooth or twelve. He has been absolutely miserable these past couple of days. Drooling (even more than he was, if you can believe that), and gnawing at his fingers, my fingers, teething rings, socks, okay you get it... anything within his reach. Adam said he screamed bloody murder while I was at the movie. Yikes, sorry bout it babe. I feel awful for Connor, but I feel pretty awful for us too. It is heartbreaking to hear your baby cry in pain.. and did ya know it's a torture tactic used to "break" people? Yah, I understand that.. But, other than over these past couple of days, he has been happy, even through the runny nose, cough, and all around terrible cold we've all had. So, I know he must be in some pain if he is this unhappy. I got some pumpkins and Adam carved them last night. So much fun! Connor thought it was great for the most part. He's fully sitting and reaching and not falling! haha yayyy Connor! He gets stronger everyday. I bought him a couple of toys for Christmas today... well, he got one of them when I got home. I couldn't help it. He needs something that lights up and will keep him busy while he's sitting down. He can't really bounce all the time. I'll post a picture. He loooves it! So adorable. :) Okay, well here are some pics! Enjoy...








No comments:

Post a Comment