*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Virginia visit :)





  Last Thursday Adam and I boarded our plane to Virginia! We didn't take off until about 7 p.m. which, by the way, was a terrible idea. Connor doesn't go to bed until 9:00-9:30, so he was awake the ENTIRE flight. He didn't do too bad, but he was so bored. I had to stand with him a lot, but luckily the man beside us had a iPad that Connor thought was hilarious?? haha. We got in to my parent's around 1:30 a.m. We were so exhausted but Connor slept the whole way home and didn't wake up when we got there either. He did great. Friday we just chilled, and my sisters and their hubbies and Pam and Brad came over :) It was so  much fun. I'm so glad I got to see them all!! Saturday, Mom, Kristen, and I met up with Lauren, Delaney, and her mom for brunch. Love them so much! We stayed for a couple hours, and Connor was so fussy! I couldn't figure it out until I went to change his diaper in the car. He had been sitting in his poop for about an hour. I felt so bad, but he sure did feel better after I changed his butt! Saturday night, we all went to my cousin's wedding. My entire dad's side of the family was there. It has been YEARS since we were all together. All of the grandchildren and great-grand children were together. Of course we got lots of pictures. It was great! My dad is so in love with Connor as you can see in that picture. I am glad that my Nanny and Pop got to meet him! Sunday we threw Bonnie, my sister, her baby shower! It was so much fun :) She is way pregnant! Almost 32 weeks, and so ready for her little GIRL :) Next time I am home, I will get to cuddle my little niece. I can't wait! I'm gonna have to post some pics from the shower once I get some. I didn't take any pictures with my camera. Connor was exhausted and overwhelmed by Sunday, but he still managed to put on a little show for everyone. He has QUITE the personality. LOL He is hilarious, and he sure does know it! I am in trouble. Adam and I flew home Monday, and it was a MUCH better flight. Connor played, laughed, slept, ate, played, slept. It was glorious. He squeals when he plays though. I think it's funny, but the other passengers may not have felt that way. haha Oh well!! He was trying to crawl from me to Adam too. He is still trying to sit up on his own, and I don't think it will be long before he does! I think he will crawl soon after that too. He is constantly moving. I took him off of his Zantac for acid reflux, and he is doing great. I think he is growing out of it, if he hasn't already. He is still eating his oatmeal with apples (applesauce) and he loves it! The apples help him poop more regularly too. Thank goodness! I traveled with the cloth diapers, and did not use a single disposable :) I am proud of that! It really is NOT hard at all. In fact, Connor pooped right before we boarded the plane yesterday, and I changed him in about 2 minutes. Not any harder than a disposable, folks! I also managed to NOT gain any weight in VA. In fact, I lost a little bit. Not much, but I was surprised :) It was sad leaving as always, but I just keep thinking that the time will fly by until Thanksgiving! And by that time, Connor will probably be crawling. He has learned how to make lots of new noises. He also gives kisses now! He gave Delaney a big ol' kiss! Oh, and in other news, Adam and I are discussing him selling the truck. It literally sits there because he always rides the Harley, and his truck is really impractical. It is a single cab, so he can never put Connor in it, and it doesn't get too cold here. If we sell it, we are going to invest in some warm gear for Adam, and I will just drive him to work if it rains. It makes perfect sense to us for now. :) But it is still a discussion we are having... Well, until next time :) Here are some pics!











No comments:

Post a Comment