*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Nana's visit


    My momma, (Connor's Nana), came to visit last Thursday through today, and it was such a great visit! I absolutely adore my mom, and I just pray to God that I'm half the mother to Connor that she was to me and my two sisters. She got in at around 2 a.m. on Thursday, but Friday morning at 7 she was ready to hold her grandson! Connor loves his Nana and mom just ate it up. Friday we went shopping, and she bought Connor all sorts of goodies. She also brought him an ADORABLE little Leap Frog toy. His name is Scout and he talks to Connor, and he actually says "Connor." It's awesome. I'm kind of obsessed with it, haha. Friday night we went out to dinner at Salt Grass Steak House with our new neighbors, Morgan and Blane. It was so yum! Saturday, Adam and I went out to lunch at Red Lobster while mom watched Connor for a couple of house. It was my first time leaving Connor. I have been preparing myself to leave my now 4 month old, but it was SO hard. We left right after he fell asleep for his nap and got home before he woke up =) I know it sounds crazy that he is 4 months and I just left Connor for the first time, but we don't have family here, so I didn't really trust anyone else with him... and I've been taking care of him 24/7 since I had him. I prefer it that way, but I know that Adam and I also need time for US. So, we went and we had a great time. I finally got my crab legs that I have been wanting, and I even had 2 sangrias! We talked about Connor a lot, but we didn't ONLY talk about Connor. It's good to know that we still "got it." I enjoyed my time with my husband, and then came home and enjoyed the rest of my day with my son. (& mom & hubby too). Morgan and Blane had us over that night for a cookout and I managed to not eat very much :) Sunday, Mom and I went to visit the nurses in the ICU that saved my life. Well, we were only able to see one, her name is Carly, and she is adorable! She just loves Connor, and it was so great to see her. I am incredibly thankful for her and all of the nurses who helped me get through such a tough time. Then we went to the grocery store and got a few things, including baby applesauce (stage1). Mom wanted to see Connor try it, and I wanted to mix it with his oatmeal to see if it would help him poop (It did).I've noticed since I switched him to solids, he is a little constipated, and I read that a little applesauce/juice might help. It definitely did, and he feels much better! I am only feeding him oatmeal twice a day with applesauce once a day until he's about 6 months. It was so cute watching him eat it! Monday we just ran a couple of errands and then we went to eat at the County Line. (Adam and my favorite restaurant for pulled pork! It's right on Lake Conroe). Then we just hung out. Connor has started splashing in the bathtub! He loves bath time, and now he has learned to splash around... yay! LOL I get soaked :) I had to drop mom off at the airport today, and I hate it, but she is flying me and Adam home for my cousin's wedding Thursday, so no tears yet!! =) I'm so thankful that they are flying us home. Connor is growing like a weed, and I am excited for all of my family to see him. I'm also hoping to fly to New York to visit my in laws with Connor this fall! I can't wait to see everyone this weekend. I'm also happy to say that even though we ate out about 4 times this week, I still lost a pound! Well, I will leave ya'll with some pics!


























No comments:

Post a Comment