*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

5 Months Old! :)



         5 Months old on September 26. I waited until today to post because we spent our morning/afternoon at The Teddy Bear Clinic at the hospital. Since Connor was technically premature, born at 35 weeks 4 days, we were scheduled for a 5 month follow up. The doctors that were there when he was born sat around and discussed his development after checking on his skills. Connor weighs 17 lbs 9 oz, and he is 26.5 inches long. He is also "more than caught up" in their words. It was such a relief to hear. I also got the Dr's opinion on the "fat deposit" on Connor's belly and the lymph node on his cheek. The Dr confirmed that's what it was and said Connor is fineee, and I need to stop worrying, lol. I know that he is doing awesome, but there is still this thought in the back of my mind when I go to Dr checkups. It was cool to watch the things they did with him and to watch him do so much! It is incredible what babies learn. Like today, I put Connor in his car seat, and I put his paci in the cup holder that is attached to his car seat. Well, when I was about 5 minutes down the road, I look in the rear view mirror and he has the paci in his mouth. I know it's silly, but it's funny to think that he grabbed it out of the cup holder and put it in his mouth when he couldn't do that a few weeks ago. (I've never actually seen him do THAT). He has been reaching and grabbing for things for a while now, but he has gotten much more pronounced with it. He LOVES to play. I bought him a exersaucer yesterday! The bouncy thing in the picture... He has a blast in that thing. He still loves attention though, and he will get mad if I ignore him lol... he yells at me. It is amazing how busy a 5 month old will keep you. I feel like I never get anything done. I have baby stuff everywhere. The other day I laid Connor down, sat down and this is what I saw....
The only things that are really mine are the ibuprofen and coffee! haha... I wouldn't have it any other way, and all I can really do is laugh. I pick up all day long and this is still what my house looks like?! Now you know why I have ibuprofen and coffee on the table ;)Well, I should probably go clean...

Oh, who am I kidding??

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's already been 5 months. He is such a cutie Lauren... you and adam done good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sara!! :) I know it's annoying when people constantly tell you to enjoy it because they grow up fast, but it is so true. I can't believe he is already 5 months old. Not sure where the time went, but each new step is bittersweet and amazing! Can't wait until you get to experience this!

    ReplyDelete