*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Monday, June 27, 2011

2 months!!!





    Connor is 2 months old, and I have no idea where those 2 months went!?  At his 2 month checkup today he weighed 11 lbs 3.5 oz and is 22.5 inches long. Less than 2 weeks ago he was 9 lbs 13 oz. We knew he hit a growth spurt though. He filled out quickly. Gah, I love him!! He had to get shots today though :'( He cried and I cried, and he has been one very cranky baby all day long. He slept from 12-3 and now he back asleep after a bottle. Poor baby. Tomorrow we are going to get him an ultrasound on his belly and cheek. The spots I was talking about in previous posts. The Doctor thinks they are deep hemangiomas or simply a birthmark under the skin. The only thing is that they grow. His cheek hasn't changed at all. I don't think that is anything... maybe a fat deposit. But the one on his belly has grown a little, and the doctor just wants to rule out a hernia. I got really upset, but I'm not going to get myself all worked up because she didn't seem concerned at all, and told me it's nothing to worry about.. (yeah right?! I worry enough as it is, so when I have to take him for an ultrasound, I'm going to worry)! I'll update when we get results. I also had to pick up some Aveeno baby lotion and some special powder because the "lavender night time" Johnson's lotion gave Connor a little rash. Adam and I both have sensitive skin, so it makes sense that Connor will have sensitive skin too. I rubbed the powder and lotion on him after his bath earlier and it already looks better. I also have to take my walks earlier or later in the day because he has a little heat rash on his back from sweating in his car seat. BUT other than that, he is a very healthy, growing little 2 month old. The Doctor said he is in the 30th percentile for height and weight and 70th percentile for his head. hahaha He's just really smart, right?? :) I'm so happy he is doing so well on the big boy charts since he was a preemie. And she said at his 4 month appointment we will talk about solids! Connor has really found his voice! He has been cooing and squealing at us lately, and it is ADORABLE. He smiles a lot and follows us with his eyes when we leave him. He has quite the personality and is growing too fast! OH, and he is SO CLOSE to rolling over. Pammy came last week and captured Connor rolling from his tummy to his side.


Each new stage is bittersweet. I love watching him learn new things, but I hate how fast he is growing up! Adam's parents and sister are coming to visit Wednesday through Monday. I'm excited to have visitors. I need to clean though, and I haven't been able to get anything done today with my little grumpbox. Oh well... there's always tomorrow! Then I'm going to VA July 9-16. I'm nervous to see how Connor does on the flight. Hopefully he'll just sleep with the motion. We shall see! Pammy's visit was great! I loooved having her here. It was SO nice, and I miss her so much. I'm ready to be with friends and family again... 33 months. Yikes!

2 comments:

  1. Connor is by far one of the cutest babies I've ever seen! I just love his little grin :) I really hope everything is ok with his belly and it's nothing serious. I'll keep him in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! He's a little ham! I'm getting ready to leave for the Hospital :( I don't think it's anything to be worried about, but it's hard not to freak out. I'll update soon. Hope you are feeling well these last couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete