*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

7 weeks!




      Ahhh! Connor is getting SO big. We went to the Doctor on Monday, and he weighed 9 lbs 13 oz.  Well, the formula seems to be making him a MUCH happier baby. I did my homework, and I think he has a sensitivity to lactose, and I read that the sugar in my breastmilk may be too much for him. I continued pumping, but I'm slowly drying up. His pediatrician told me that I could re-introduce breast milk to him when he's 6 month because they usually outgrow their lactose intolerance at that age. It sounds like a great idea, and I have a lot of milk frozen, but it's really hard pumping constantly to keep my supply up. I really enjoyed nursing him. :( I am going to re-introduce what I have frozen when he's older, however. I wish I could do it longer, but even Adam (who preferred me to breastfeed) looked at me on Sunday and said "keep giving him formula." Connor is so happy and while he still has gas, it is NO WHERE near how bad it was before. I mean, he would scream after I fed him.. and really anytime he was awake. Now, he will just sit there with us. He has his fussy days, but that's a baby for ya. Yesterday he stayed up from 3-9:30. At 9:30 we put him down in his crib and he was out! He didn't fuss at all. Then he woke up at 3, 6 and then for good at 8:30. I am so proud of him :) That was our first night that he stayed in his crib after 5 a.m., and didn't fuss about it. We went to the Doctor Monday because he has a lump/bruise about 2 inches below his belly button that he has had since he was born, and when he gets angry it gets more prominent. I, of course, freak out and take him in, and the Doctor said it feels like a fat deposit because it isn't hurting him and it isn't a hernia. SO, we just have to keep an eye on it, but it doesn't bother him at all. The Dr. Brown's bottles are magnificent. Those work the best for him. He still has the reflux, so he spits up still, but it isn't as bad and those bottles help. He's eating 3.5 - 4 oz every 3 hours! I feel like that's alot, but if he wants it, I'm feeding it to him! Some days he eats every 2.5 hours, and a couple days ago he ate 6 oz at once!! But yesterday he was back at 3.5 oz so it honestly just depends on the day and how hungry he is. As you can see in the pictures, I bought him a Bumbo yesterday, and he loves it! hahaha It was too funny watching him laugh when I put him in it. He is seriously so much happier. :) He played with his feet yesterday, and he is constantly putting his hands in his mouth. He even grabs stuff.. likeee my hair. He discovered that he can yank that too. Yayy? ha!

2 comments:

  1. He's so cute! He looks so happy too :) I'm glad formula feeding is working out better for him...but I could imagine how bummed you are. I'm really hoping to breastfeed as well and I'll be pretty upset if I can't, but whatever's best for Baby I guess! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! He is happy most of the time. He still gets fussy especially when he is fighting sleep. lol. I hate having to give him formula since I'm such a big breastfeeding advocate, but I've learned that I just have to suck it up and give him what is going to make him feel better. He had an excellent latch and did so well too :( But luckily for me he would nurse, take bottles, take formula, etc. I hope you are able to breastfeed too. I'm just glad I got to do it for 6 weeks and experience it. It is awesome. Good luck honey! But remember as long as you try, you aren't failing at all :)

    ReplyDelete