*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

6 weeks old

 
   6 weeks old!!! Where does the time go? I feel like I had Connor yesterday, and he's already been here 6 weeks. Well, last night we tried the crib and Connor did great!! I put him in the crib around 8, and fed him at 10 when Adam got home for work (yeah, he works 15 hr days most of the time). So, he went down for the night around 8, woke up to eat at 10, 2, and 5. He slept in it after each feeding until 5, when he got fussy. He usually gets fussy around 5 a.m after he eats, so he went in the bed with me until 8. But, I did better than I expected. I've been preparing myself for it over the past few weeks, so think it was easier. As for his reflux... it's still much much better. However, he keeps going 2,3, even 4 days without pooping. It freaks me out, and then he'll poop enough for those past few days he hadn't pooped! I read that it is pretty normal and when I brought it up to the DR a couple weeks ago, she acted like it was no big deal. But, he has really, really bad gas still. I'm still breastfeeding, so it's really hard on me when I feel like all I do is hurt my baby's tummy. SO, today I bought formula. Similac's sensitivity formula. I'm just going to give him some over the next couple of days and pump while I give him the formula to see if it helps at all. I want to breastfeed him until he's a year old, but if he is in agony then why would I put him through that?? I know his stomach is more sensitive than most babies since he was preterm, but I still can't help but feel like I'm failing him somehow. I've learned that I need to stop comparing my baby and my parenting with other peoples' though. I just have to do what is best for him and for me. When he's crying because he has gas, it stresses me out too. I finally stopped using the nipple shield too! Nursing has become really easy and convenient for me. I am going to try the formula and see how it affects him. If it makes him feel a lot better then so be it, but if it doesn't then I know it isn't me. I cut out all dairy, and I've been watching what I eat, but no such luck! The reflux makes him spit up a lot too, but I am trying the Dr. Brown's bottle out to see if it helps with that. I will update next week with all of it. He's way better than he was a few weeks ago, but still a little cranky. Let's see if we can kick the crankiness! We tried Connor in the pool Saturday! He hated it, but I woke him up for it, so of course he was like "what the hell, mom?!" haha Here are some pics!






 
As for me... I'm still about 3 lbs away from pre-pregnancy weight! The last 5 lbs are killing me, but I've started walking my booty off, so that should help too! Nursing really helped knock off the pounds, but once I'm to my pre-pregnancy weight, I want to lose 10-15 more pounds. Bleh.


No comments:

Post a Comment