*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Connor's 4 month checkup :)





  Today was Connor's 4 month check up! He weighs 16 lbs 9 oz, and he is 25 in. long! He is 50th percentile for height, 70th percentile for weight, and 95th percentile for his head! haha my big headed baby. Thank goodness for a c-section right? Jussst kidding. Well, his doctor was very impressed with his development and health. I didn't really have any concerns, but I went in with a few questions. She said his canine teeth coming in first is actually normal, so she gave me a few pointers on how to deal with his pain :( I hate it when they really hurt him. I asked her about his wheezing. When Connor gets excited or moves around a whole lot, he will wheeze a bit, but it goes away. And I have noticed that as he gets bigger, it is starting to go away. Adam and I were just concerned it could be asthma. We both have family with asthma, but his doctor didn't seem concerned. I'm gonna keep an eye on him, but I wasn't too concerned. (Adam didn't want him to have asthma so he can join the Marine Corps, lol). We are keeping him on the Zantac for his reflux for now. I will probably start weaning him from it in a few months, but I'm not comfortable taking him off of it yet. We are officially doing Rice Cereal 2-3 times a day! Connor is doing so good with it on a spoon now! He loves it,and I think later this week we will try Oatmeal :) His doctor told me I can go ahead and start him on solids. As in vegetables and fruits. Adam and I talked about it, and we are going to wait at least another month. We aren't comfortable starting him on baby food yet. He is developing ahead of a typical 4 month old, but regardless, he was still 5 weeks early, and he has had tummy problems. I just don't know if his little digestive system could really handle the food yet. Even with the rice, I slowly introduced it into his diet to see how he would do, and he's fine. One of the most important things I have learned in mommy-hood is that you have to do what YOU feel comfortable with. Even though Connor's doctor told us to start him on baby food, I'm just not comfortable with it yet. Yesterday I did give him water in a sippy cup and he loved it! I have a picture I will have to post. Also, at his 6 month appointment, we are going to talk about giving Connor his flu shot. I'm not sure what I want to do. My sister is a pharmacist and she said it's the same strain as last year, so it shouldn't be a bad "flu year." I think that is something me and Adam are just going to really have to talk about. I'm torn with what to do. I don't want him getting sick, but I am a stay at home mom, so I don't foresee us being around too many "flu infested" people, haha. But, other than that, everything is wonderful! I gave him Acetominophen before his appointment, and it has really helped with shots! Of course we both cried, but he hasn't been as fussy today as he was last time he got shots. Thank you tylenol :) Connor is getting so big, and he loves to talk. In fact, when I lay him in his crib, Adam and I will just sit and listen to him talk to himself on the monitor, lol. It's so cute! He loves people and attention! It's so cute to watch him interact. He is trying SO hard to sit up. I don't think it will be long! Mom comes Thursday night! I am SO excited to see her! It's going to be so much fun :):) She isn't gonna know what to do with Connor! Last time she saw him he was so different. My diet is going well.. So far, I am down 10 lbs :) about 6 below my pre-pregnancy weight, and I am feeling good. My pre-pregnancy jeans fit me again. In fact, some of them are a little loose :) I have a few more lbs to go until I am at my goal weight, and I really recommend weight watchers to any momma's that are trying to lose weight after baby who can't get into a gym. Adam works so much, and I don't know anybody to watch Connor while I work out, and he's too young for the nursery. With WW, I can walk with him and just eat right. See ya next week :)

2 comments:

  1. I love his chubbiness and I can't wait to see you guys when you're up here...next week? Also. Huge heads happen to run in the Hill family. Sorry about it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha :) It's okay. His head fits his body well with his chubbiness! I love it too! We can't wait to see you either, and, Yep, we will be there next week! :):) Yay!

    ReplyDelete