*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

16 weeks!







    16 weeks old! Last night I captured Connor rolling over SEVERAL times. He has rolled over before but he hasn't done it alot since he HATES tummy time. But I laid him on his belly, let the dogs outside, turned around and he was on his back! So I pulled out the video camera since I hadn't gotten it on camera yet, and got it on camera a couple of times. Adam and I also put the wheels on his walker and set him in the kitchen on the tile, and he was walking backwards! I know it isn't "good for them" but I don't leave him in it long. The kid likes to stand, so what am I to do ;) He is still weird with the bottle at times. He likes for me to stand or rock him while he's eating it? It's weird. We've given him rice a couple more times since he doesn't always want a bottle,and he's doing really well with it. We haven't made a habit of it yet though. I'm waiting until we go to the doctor for his 4 month checkup next week. Connor is in all 6 months clothing. Since day 1 of 3 months, he has gone from 0-3 months to 3-6 months to 6 months! He can't fit into 0-3 months and he wears 3-6 only in jeans/pants. I am pretty sure he is over 14 lbs, but we'll update that next week after his appointment. He continues to talk and babble. Sleeping is going well. He naps for about 3 straight hours in the afternoon and then goes to bed around 9/10. He wakes up once around 3:30/4:30 and goes straight back to sleep until 7:30 and this morning he even slept until 8! Today when I went to pick up his medicine at the pharmacy, these little ladies were amazed at how alert and communicative  he is. He is very aware of his name and  he has the sweetest little personality. His teeth are still hurting him, but the left canine is really coming in. At night he likes to cuddle to fall asleep, and I don't have a problem with it at all :) He is such a cuddly baby. As for me, I've lost another pound, so I'm down 5 lbs in 2 weeks. Last week wasn't extremely successful, but it is what it is :) I'm still doing it by the book and it's working.

Oh, and look what came in the mail today!! I ordered 6, but I will be ordering 6 more soon! I just wanted to try them first and make sure they are all they seem to be!
More and more people seem to be cloth diapering, and when I was pregnant, it never really crossed my mind. It is a wonderful thing for the environment. Did you know that one baby from ages 0-2 makes about 1 ton of waste with diapers in landfills. AND the average family with one baby spends about $2,000 a year in diapers. Sign me up! I will update next week on how it's going :)

4 comments:

  1. A few questions for you - :) I noticed you have the same baby monitor as me and mine beeps like crazy some days. Have you figured out what to do to get it to quit beeping? Or maybe yours doesn't beep at all? Secondly, my daughter LOVES to bounce and drink her bottle. It wasn't too much work when she was a few weeks old, but as she keeps growing (12 weeks), it takes more work!! Hehe. she gets weird with it too. Lastly, Peyton (my daughter) loves to sit. Sit, sit and sit. She's not happy if she's laying down anymore. We too do things that some say she shouldn't be doing but she HATES tummy time but she has awesome head control. You just have to do what's best for your baby! I think that's it. Great job on weight loss though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! Make sure your baby monitor is on all the same settings. Look at the one in your baby's room and on the bottom there are 3 button like things. Make sure they are all yellow. Then look at the monitor you keep and make sure the button things are all yellow too. If they don't match the color of the ones that are on your baby's monitor it will go nuts and beep! I had the same issue at first, lol. It has to do with range or something. See if that works and let me know :) That's so weird that she has to bounce and drink her bottle too! haha It is a lot of work, but I found that if I start bouncing and then sit in the rocker it's okay.. He just likes the motion I think. Connor is a stander and sitter too. You are right, momma knows best because Connor can completely hold his head up and turn it every which way when people call his name. So, do what you gotta do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and if you unplug the monitor in your baby's room and yours is still on, it will go nuts. That is probably my favorite feature! Good to know that if it got unplugged for any reason you would surely know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have double checked all of that with my monitor and it's correct. I wonder if I have them in bad places or something. Some days it doesn't beep at all, others it will. It must be me if you have never noticed yours beeping. :) I also like the feature that it beeps if it's unplugged too! I'm excited to hear how clothe diapering will go for you. Hard to believe that's what I was in and now it's coming back.

    ReplyDelete