*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Monday, August 22, 2011

17 weeks old.


     What a stinker ;) Here is my little chunk ball at 17 weeks old.. I really can't believe he will be 4 months old on Friday. His 4 month appointment is actually next Monday instead of this Friday like I had thought. I can't wait to see how much he weighs, and how long he has gotten because I KNOW he's gotten sooo big since his 2 month appointment. It is so crazy. I switched out his carseat. I set up the convertible carseat that we got before he was born and replaced the infant carrier with it. I actually did that a couple weeks ago because he was getting really antsy in the infant carrier, and he loves the new carseat. He has a lot of room to move around and play with his toys. He is usually awake now when I'm driving around, but in the big boy seat he doesn't fuss at all. I also, finally, installed the mirror that hooks up to the headrest in the back so I can see him. It's awesome, and I definately recommend those. It really helps if they do fuss so you can see if something is wrong or if they are just whining. Like I said, he really doesn't fuss in the new carseat, but I still love the mirror. I do have to say that it CAN be a hazard if you are constantly looking in your rear view mirror at your baby! I did that at first, but quickly stopped that. lol. Connor is pretty much sleeping through the night now. He has been sleeping from 9-5 since last week and one night he even slept from 9-7.. 10 hours! I woke up freaking out! haha I'm still loving the bumGenius cloth diapers! I have 12 now, and recommend getting atleast that many. I do a load of laundry everyday regardless though, because it is really gross not to. haha... just sayin'. Connor doesn't really poop that often, so that is WONDERFUL for me. :) Cloth diapers are wonderful and really quite easy though, even when they poop. It takes a little longer to clean it up when they poop, but it's really not so hard. When I'm out in public I'm really going to make a point to find a "personal" bathroom because it is a lot easier to wash a poopy diaper off in the sink. lol. Adam has really gotten the hang of them too, and he really likes them. I've gotten some sassy comments about using cloth diapers... My favorite one was when someone made a comment of how "yuck" they are and how they would not even consider using them... unless they have changed a lot over 15 years. haha! Well, as a matter of fact, they have changed a whole heck of a lot. It's amazing what knowledge can do to a person. Get information, learn the facts, and then you can be the judge. But it is really a personal decision, and I'm happy with the decision my husband and I made for us and our baby. Anyway, Connor is still as much a Ham as he has been... or more I can say! We were at Wal-Mart yesterday and "blah blah" he was just talking to everyone! This little old couple just loved him. He is such a hoot, and I love him to pieces! He can completely hold up his head, and that makes life much easier. I can grab him out of the carseat and place him on my hip and off we go! He is constantly trying to sit up! He can sit if he's hunched over, but not straight up. You can see in one of these pictures that he is trying to sit up! I am excited for Monday when we can really start him on rice cereal and oatmeal. :) I think he will be much better with it. Adam had Connor "drink" out of his water bottle and he spit it out like "yuck, what's this plain stuff?" haha. He's getting SO big. I love all his chunk! I will update next week on his doctor's appt... Not looking forward to the shots though :(
p.s.- I've lost 3 lbs this week and 8 lbs. so far. Gettin' there!



6 comments:

  1. I just have a comment about the cloth diapers...I had never heard of these new cloth diapers. I looked them up because I was interested as a regular babysitter what they were like. Reading about them makes me want to put my own kids in them. Cloth diapers vs reg disposables is not that different. You just have to wash the diapers, which is easy when you think about the amount of money you are saving. Good gracious people need to learn how to chill, the old cloth diapers arent that hard to put on either. People these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that he has the adorable BumGenius' on in every picture! And I agree! I have gotten SO many, ew you are doing cloth? And I am like, look people, its my kid, I can do what I want! LOL! He is adorable Lauren! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! Thanks girls! I love support :):) Especially from people who want to try them! Funny thing is that Adam changed a poopy cloth diaper last night and even cleaned it out! I mean, I don't have the sprayer so I just do the "old fashioned" way and clean it with my hands... that's what soap is for and after you give birth, how can you complain about something being "yuck?" LOL. Ever since I got them last week I haven't touched a disposable! I have 12 and just do one load of laundry a day! And Connor loves them (no rash at all, yet!) These diapers are just wonderful! Highly recommend them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me here, again! Basically, I don't know too many moms around my age so I follow a few blogs. More questions for you - you use a bumper in Connor's crib. Do you have any fans that circulate air because you always hear not to use them? I didn't put them in my daughter's crib for that reason but yesterday she scooted all the way up and bumped her head. I'm really starting to consider putting the bumper that came with her bedding in her crib. I was just curious how you do it. Glad to hear the cloth diapers are going well. I'm hoping I'll eventually be able to try them - she goes to daycare now and they have to have disposables. Just debating the pros and cons of using both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stumbled across your blog somehow.. I see you cloth diaper and thought I'd share a blog that contains all sorts of cloth diapering and more! ( http://styleberryblog.com/an-accidental-passion-cloth-diapering-for-the-modern-mom ) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Caitlin!
    vahartu- I talked to another momma about bumpers, and she took her daughter's bumpers out because she was afraid she would suffocate, but then her daughter kept bumping her head too. Honestly, Connor sleeps in his boppy inside the crib right now. He has acid reflux and the doctor told me he can't lay flat. SO, I lay in on top of the boppy and he's fine. I am going to try just laying him in his crib with some blankets making it angled. I plan on keeping the bumpers in his crib though... not saying it won't make me nervous!! :-/

    ReplyDelete