*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

2/14/95 - 3/18/11 RIP Molly Thomas




       Last Thursday Adam and I got a phone call that his 16 year old cousin, Molly, was in the hospital in a coma. Adam's little sister, Kate, and Molly were cousins and best friends, and when Kate called we honestly just thought Molly was really sick. We thought she was going to wake up and come out of it soon. Then, on Friday, we were told that her brain swelled. Molly was taken from us on Friday night, March 18, 2011. Molly was unexpectedly taken from this earth way too soon, and we don't understand why. She contracted a viral infection, and that is all we know so far... how? and why does God need such a young angel? Molly was such a beautiful person inside and out. I met her fairly early in mine and Adam's relationship. Actually, I met her at the same time I met his family down in the Outer Banks, NC. She was only 13 then, and I watched her grow to be such an amazing teenager. She was so witty and hilarious. She was one of those unexpectedly funny people, if you know what I mean. Her smile could brighten any room, and she was such a good friend to Kate and so many others. I still feel numb. When we first found out that she wasn't going to make it, Adam and I just sat there in shock. I clung on to hope... I just had to believe that God wouldn't take her from us this early, but God needed her more than us. When Adam told me she passed, I was so angry, and I cried for hours. I tried to get a hold of a doctor to see if I can fly, but I haven't even seen anyone yet since we just moved here. My sister is an R.N. and talked to an OB at her hospital who said she advises against it. So, this morning, I drove Adam to the airport at 4 a.m. and had to watch him leave without me. I wish so bad that I could be there for all of Molly's family, and especially for Kate, but I know that flying now is a risk that I don't think any one of them would want me to take either. I just pray that God comforts and heals everyone who loved Molly. Losing someone you love is more difficult than anything in this world, but losing someone you love who is just a child adds so much more grief. I lost my cousin when I was 14 and he was 12. It was one week before his 13th birthday, and I still think about him on a daily basis. I carry him in my heart, and I know he watches over me. I know Molly will be watching over all of us, and Kate can have the comfort of knowing that everywhere she goes, Molly will be by her side. Fly high our beautiful Angel.. until we meet again.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for your lose! Praying for you all, Lauren! I love you!

    ReplyDelete