*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Thankful :)

           Well, I'm 14 weeks tomorrow! Don't know if I'll get a chance to post with Thanksgiving coming up, and tomorrow I have to work and will be busy. Anyways, just wanted to post! I have SO much to be thankful for. This is mine and Adam's first Thanksgiving married, and we are expecting! It's amazing what all we have been through in a year! I welcomed him home almost a year ago, we got married, and now we are having a baby. I thank God every night for my countless blessings, and for the opportunity to be a wife and mommy. They say that the first year of marriage is always the hardest. Well, we've had our share of downs, but all I can say is I love him more every day, and we have way more ups than downs in our marriage. I've had to overcome the annoyance of picking up after him and the never ending cleaning, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I think being a Marine Wife really does make me thankful for the time we have together. I try not to complain because I would rather be picking up after him than not having him home at all. All I can do is Thank God and his fellow Marines for keeping him safe, and for the troops overseas fighting four our freedom, so that I can have my Marine home this holiday season. God bless you all <3

          Today I bought a fetal heart monitor, however, I bought it way too early. I can hardly hear anything. I've seen the baby's strong heartbeat twice! I just haven't heard it, and I wanna hear! I have been playing with it at work, but I'm going to really try when I get home. It was a cheap one though, so I don't know how well it will work. Oh well, it is worth the fun :) I really don't even know what to listen for!! haha, oh well.. I thought I heard it, but I'm not sure. I'll just assume it's the heartbeat until it gets really clear. I get to hear the heartbeat at the doctors Dec. 6th, and then they'll take blood for the down syndrome test. Everything has been good so far! No bleeding, so I feel good! I don't get nauseous anymore, and I don't have aversions! I think I'm finally slipping into the 2nd trimester goodness! haha Well, hopefully i'll be able to update with 14 week pictures soon!

      

No comments:

Post a Comment