*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Hello Second Trimester :)

  Okay, so this is me at 13 weeks 2 days to be exact, but I haven't changed much in 2 days.. haha. Still haven't gained any more weight. Only gained about 3 lbs. total, and that's normal for the first trimester. I CAN'T BELIEVE I MADE IT TO SECOND TRIMESTER! :) Yayyy! Good things have been happening! I have the 4D fetal photo/Gender determination session scheduled. The lady called yesterday and said I have first pick on the date and time from Dec. 17-21! I chose Dec. 17th at 1:00 p.m.! I have to drink 3 LITERS of water before the scan! What in the world? Talk about pee. I'm gonna need a toilet following me that day.. haha. I can't believe in less than a month I'll know if I'm having a little boy or a little girl! Most people have been saying boy, but a few have said girl. It's really a big guessing game. I, however, feel like it's a boy, but that really doesn't mean anything considering it's my first! I don't care at all.. I want ribbons and bows and pink eventually, but since it's our first, we don't have a preference. Of course Adam wants a boy, but I can totally see him squeezing a little girl :) Sooo needless to say, whatever we have, whether it's blue or pink, we are going to be over the moon!!! I just want to start shopping! I know if it's a girl I won't stop shopping, and I think that is what scares Adam. I bought Delaney (my goddaughter in the making) the cutest bloomers and hat and it came in the mail monday. That really made me yearn for a little baby girl. There are pros (no cons) to either!
Okay, how cute are these?! Omg.. I can't wait for Delaney to arrive! 4 months before Baby Hill. More good news not pertaining to baby stuff. So, we are going home for thanksgiving, and Adam and I were freaking out because we couldn't find a kennel that wasn't going to break our wallet! Well, a very good friend of mine, who I just reunited with :), told me about the kennel she takes her dogs to! oh Oh, for only $15/night for BOTH! Hallelujah! Now, that we are willing to pay! And speaking of good friend, Kelly is pregnant too and is 7 weeks 5 days! I am so glad we got together and are hanging out again. I am soooo excited for her and Eric, her husband! They are going to be wonderful parents, and like Adam, Eric is recruiting! So we're in the same situation. Also, the Marine Corps Ball is Saturday!! I'm pretty excited about it. I'll be the DD, but that doesn't bother me one bit these days. I'm on cloud 9 :) Andddd, they hired someone at work, so I can have a break! Even though second trimester brings energy back, it's going to be nice to relax and concentrate on cleaning the house more and not working so much! I'd like to actually cook my husband and myself decent dinners and work out more! I hardly get to do anything active these days. I need to get movin on it! Anyways! See you at 14 weeks maybe with a bigger bump!

3 comments:

  1. HAPPY 2ND TRIMESTER!!

    So exciting!! I can't wait till I hit that point!! and I must say the little hat and bloomers are the cutest things I have ever seen!! ahh!!

    And I'm so happy you found a kennel for your "babies"...I remember seeing a post on BnB about it...So glad you got that worked out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute baby stuff!! Congrats on making it second tri :) You're getting quite the bump already!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank ya'll :) It feels so good to be in 2nd tri! And I feel like I do have a big bump already, but the picture probably adds to it a little. Oh well, like I was telling my bestfriend. It's not like I can do anything about it! ha

    ReplyDelete