*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I have a 1 month old!!

Okay, seriously, where did the time go?? Connor is a whopping 8 lbs 4 oz! He gained 1 lb in 2 weeks:)






    Connor will be 1 month old tomorrow and he had his doctors appointment today, and thank goodness for it. The past week has been really rough for us. Poor baby has been spitting up and crying constantly after every feeding. I thought it was gas, so I started giving him some gas drops and they worked some, but not really. So, I started watching him and he would arch his back after I would feed him, and he would scream if I laid him on his back. Yesterday he started gagging and he's been coughing a lot. The doctor thinks it is reflux, so she put him on some medicine. God, I hope this helps. I have been so exhausted from his screaming. Saturday, Adam and I went to Olive garden and I had 2 drinks, so I pumped and dumped, but even then I could hardly enjoy myself b/c he was just so fussy. I thought maybe he wasn't getting enough milk, so I gave him some formula, then he didn't poop for 2 days!! But I really don't think that is what it is. The stress probably didn't help my milk supply, but it's getting better. Today after the doctor, I haven't laid him flat on his back at all, and he's been so much better. Still fussy, but not nearly as bad. I just felt like a failure.. I thought it was something I was eating or doing. It's the worst feeling when you feel like you are doing something wrong, but can't help your baby when there is clearly something wrong. Buttt, let's hope this medicine works and Connor is much happier. Poor baby is getting that baby acne too. I hate it for him, and I hope that goes away soon too. My postpartum hormones have been worse than pregnancy, as far as my emotions go. They are getting better too, but I tell you what, they were out of control for a while. I feel like I can finally take a breath with Connor. Right now he is propped up in his swing, and he's awake and quiet. Honestly, for the past week, every time he's been awake, he's been crying. Lauren and Delaney come Friday to visit for the weekend!! I am SO ready for a girlfriend here,and someone I can relate to!

2 comments:

  1. Praying Connor feels better soon! He's so adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my little cousin had acid reflux, he spit up constantly and did the same arching of his back. Hopefully everything will work out perfectly with those meds and make him a happy baby.

    ReplyDelete