*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Happy 1 week precious baby boy!

        Happy 1 week birthday Con-butt :)  I can't believe it's been a week... And one hell of a week it has been! Last friday, I finally left the ICU and was admitted to postpartum, near Connor, to recover. I have made some major steps in my recovery and so has my little handsome man. Friday when I got down to the postpartum floor, I was exhausted, but HAD to see my baby, so I was wheeled into the NICU, and I cried and cried and cried. I felt so helpless b/c he was in an incubator, and I couldn't hold him. Well, it made me extremely determined, and now, it's Wednesday and I'm walking and breastfeeding around the clock! 2 am, 5 am, 8 am, 11 am, 2 pm, 5pm, 8 pm, 11 pm and so on... To my surprise, Connor didn't have much trouble latching, and he hasn't really had any nipple confusion a all. :) I was really worried, especially because I couldn't be there for him in his first few days of life. Now, you'd have to pry me away from the NICU and pry him out of my arms. I was discharged Friday, but the hospital is letting me stay as a "camper" since I am full-time breastfeeding and he can't go home until this Friday. I won't leave the hospital without him. I've only left 1 time to go home and see the puppies, and I was not happy about it.. I was actually quite grumpy. lol. Connor is perfect in every single way& I have the perfect little family. Adam is so in love with him, and I love watching them together. Connor lost 6 ounces, but as of today he's already gained an ounce back.. thanks to mommy juice! We have had a few "off" feedings, but the lactation consultant came in today and helped me a little. Honestly, it's hard to be on this schedule, especially when we can't go off it and sometimes he just isn't hungry. I feel like I'm being timed & it's frustrating for both of us. Yesterday, we had to do a carseat test? Connor literally sat in his carseat for an hour and a half while they checked his vitals... he passed. lol. I think that's weird. Tomorrow my poor baby is getting circumsised, on Thursday he gets to be in the room with me, and then we leave friday!!! YAY! I am thankful for everyone at this hospital, but gt me out of here! I am recovering well.. I've slowed down on the pain medication b/c I don't want it to affect connor (eventhough the docs say it won't hurt him). I feel drowsy all the time, and I hate that. I tell you what, anyone who gets an elective c-section is crazy! It HURTS like HELL... and that could be in part to the fact that I laid in bed for 3 days after with a catheter still in since I was so ill.. but, Ouchie. Connor has inspired me to get better as fast as possible, and on friday we will both leave the hospital in great condition. I absolutely LOVE being a mommy!!! 









3 comments:

  1. He's so beautiful! I'm so glad you guys are both doing so well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, he is so beautiful and I'm so happy you two are recovering so fast! That last picture of Adam holding him is priceless. I love his face, as if he's saying "Hey buddy! It's your daddy again!"
    So happy for your gorgeous family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls :) We are so beyond blessed!! Adam is so cute with Connor. When we get into the NICU, he runs to get to Connor first! haha it's too cute.

    ReplyDelete