*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

2 weeks & My first Mother's Day






    I could post way more pictures.. I take atleast 10 every day. haha.. I can't help it! But these are pictures from the hospital taken last Thursday when Connor was discharged!!! Today Connor is 2 weeks old! I LOVE every single second of mommy hood. The hospital helped get Connor on a schedule, eating every 3 hours, and it's been wonderful.. however, he must be growing though b/c he woke up last night about every 2 hours!! Talk about exhausting since I'm breastfeeding, but it's okay. I would wake up every 30 minutes if I had to. I haven't been too sleep deprived. Saturday night Connor had a tummy ache and that was awful, but Adam helped me. I had pumped milk in the fridge so Adam fed him while I got some sleep around 2 a.m. Mother's Day was wonderful. Connor (Adam) got me a gorgeous diamond heart necklace. I love it! Connor's birthstone is a diamond ;) I knew God delivered him early for a reason! (jussst kidding!) We got up and went to church, and it was amazing! The churches here are like church on steroids, I swear. Francesca Battistelli was at church and sang a few songs. The one that reallly hit home was "Angel by your side." I'm going to post it at the end, but it was amazing and brought me to tears. The message from the pastor about brought Adam and I both to tears.. I could just tell that God was talking to us through this message, and Adam even said he wants to go back! This is huge, people :) I think our experience helped bring us both closer to God. After church we just came home and I got to hang out with my gorgeous husband and son. I love my family. We went on a walk later, and then Adam went and got us some wine. I drank half a glass and wasn't interested at all. Being a mom comes first! Connor's Doctor's appt is tomorrow, so I will finish this update then :)

Update!
   At Connor's appointment today, he weighed 7 lbs. 4 oz!! He left the hospital Thursday weighing 6 lbs 9 oz! It's that magical breast milk =) They had to give him a prick on his foot. He screamed, I cried, and Adam was laughing. I hate to see my baby hurting, but I quickly picked him up and held him close, and he stopped crying. I am so in love with my sweet child.

No comments:

Post a Comment