*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Never grow up..


   This song makes me cry and laugh at myself all at the same time. Connor is 3 weeks old today, and still wouldn't be due for another 10 days. Here's Mr. Handsome laughing today...
I seriously can't believe it's been 3 weeks already. I know time is going to fly, and I hate that, but I love every day I have with my baby boy. Connor is doing awesome. He's been eating great, and breastfeeding is going well. It is tough sometimes to try and pump and keep up with him, and it's hard when I want to go out and run errands, but it's worth it. I love it, and I don't want to use formula if I don't need it! Connor has still been sleeping in our room... I'm slowly trying to put him in his crib, but I'm having a hard time with it. You know, it's funny how your perspective of things change when you become a mommy. I never thought it would be difficult to put my child across the hallway, but it is ridiculously heartbreaking for me! Sunday night we tried it for a little while, and I was in tears. Crazy Mom, I know, but I think it's hard to understand unless you are in the same shoes. Adam made a comment about how I haven't let Connor out of my sight since I had him.. well except those few days after he was born, and maybe that's why I'm a little overbearing when it comes to him. I can't help myself. These past few days I have discovered that I can pump plenty of milk in the mornings to get me through that night! Connor usually wakes up every 4 hours at night and will drink a 2 oz bottle and breastfeed for 15-30 minutes. Then, during the day I strictly breastfeed, unless I have to go somewhere.. but even then, I work around his feeding schedule. I think I'm getting it under control and figuring it all out. Lately, Connor has been sleeping in the bed with us. Yeah, I know, that's bad, but it's how we both get sleep!! I'm workin' on it. ;) I had my doctors appointment today, and I've lost about 40 lbs! I only have 5 lbs to go until I"m at pre-pregnancy weight! Next Friday Lauren and Delaney are coming to visit us!!! We are so excited :) :) I haven't seen Delaney since she was 2 weeks old :( She's so beautiful and big! Can't wait to get my hands on both of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment