*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Sunday, January 23, 2011


     I never thought I would make this post, but it's something that has been weighing on my heart and mind. Not that it is really anyone' s business, but hey.. what are blogs for if you can't speak out? January 14, 2011 was mine and Adam's 1 year anniversary as a married couple, and I am 6 months pregnant. I've gotten comments and have seen the whispers.. "was it planned?" "i bet it was an accident..." Well, why don't you take a second to listen to and watch the video that I posted. My husband is a Marine, and nothing in our lives can ever really be planned, but this baby WAS planned. Most couples can get married, and spend every day together, knowing that they can wait a few years to plan their family. When we first got married, we had talked about waiting a couple of years to start a family, but in May of 2010, Adam called me to inform me that he had been flagged for recruiting. After, a month or so, it was confirmed that he was in fact going to be a recruiter for 3 years. No, he was not happy about it at first, and neither was I. We had just built our first home, and we were going to have to move .. again. But, the more I thought about it, the more I thought how great it would be to have my husband in the US for 3 years!!! 3 years of having Adam home every night. No sleepless, lonely nights, holidays together, and I could attend family functions without a yellow ribbon tied around my wrist! Then, I thought, now would be perfect to have a baby. Adam can watch the baby's firsts, and watch him grow into a toddler. That is not something many military fathers can do. At first, when I ran the idea by Adam, he wasn't sure about it. What's the rush? We're still young? Of course I thought of those too. But, the more we talked about it, the more he grew on the idea. We have only been married for a year, and we are young, but unlike other couples, we build our lives around the Marine Corps. The Marine Corps certainly doesn't work around us. SO, we decided to try for a baby, and now I am 6 months pregnant. So, before you stop to question.. Why so soon? Think about yourself in the situation.. Could you honestly say you wouldn't do the same? We are thrilled to be mommy and daddy, and though we may be young, we have overcome more than most older couples will ever have to endure. I am thankful for every moment spent with my husband, and will thoroughly LOVE every second of these next 3 years with my amazing husband and son.

3 comments:

  1. GREAT post!!!

    Same boat- Husband is Army, leaves in 5 days for recruiting school and very much looking forward to having my husband around for this baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice post. For some reason, people have a real problem with respecting privacy when someone is pregnant. Even if the baby wasn't planned... why would you feel the need to make comments about it and make it a public issue?

    My baby was planned as well but I expect that some of his family thinks otherwise. Oh well. Let them think what they want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For my husband and I, we planned on getting pregnant soon after marriage because we wanted to have a child together. That didn't exactly work as planned because it took us 1.5 years of trying along with fertility treatments to get us where we are: 22w and 4d!! We got bombarded with questions about why we weren't pregnant yet, etc. through the whole year and a half of trying. We were 22 (now 24) and having issues making a baby - not exactly the way we pictured it. My DH's family (6 siblings) never had issues getting pregnant and when we didn't announce our pregnancy 3 months after marriage, they were all confused. I didn't feel like the need to explain our fertility to anyone and would get very frustrated with the DUMB comments I/we got. Aside from that, I have family in the military and I can't imagine how difficult it is knowing/not knowing about where your going, where he's going, etc. People say the dumbest things. Also, it's fun reading your blog because we are very close in due dates! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete