*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Monday, January 10, 2011

21 Weeks!


    21 Weeks. I'm having a hard time believing it. Do you see how big that belly button is? Adam has been gone for a week already! I woke up this morning to tons of snow, and it didn't stop all day. It did change over to ice.. yay. It sucks being snowed in by myself. It was quite the boring day. We should know this week or next week where we are going for Adam's recruiting. I'm anxious and excited for the new adventure. Melissa made a great point... she said it's such a fresh start for ya'll. Connor will be here and you'll be in a new place with a new beginning. When we got married we started anew, and now that we are having a baby we are starting anew. Even though we've only been married and in NC a year! Our anniversary is Friday. I figured we would spend it apart. Today I was talking to Steph about how Adam is gone for 2 months, and she gasped b/c that is a long time to most people. Last week, I gave him a big hug, a kiss, and then sent him off without making a fuss. I'm really starting to get a hang of this Marine wife thing.. maybe getting too good at it. I miss him so much, do not get me wrong, it's just that I think military wives acquire a sort of numbness to the pain of them leaving and the loneliness we endure. And that's how we know we are cut out to do this. We have to hold down the fort, and our husbands need to know we have strong backbones. We carry the weight of the world on our shoulders too. I really lean on my military family, and I can say that I am lucky to have them in my life. I watch Lauren going through Shawn's deployments, and I say deployments, b/c he has and will be gone constantly for the next 3 years, and Lauren is due any day with their first baby. She's been incredible through everything. She makes it look so easy. Everytime I turn around, Melissa is saying goodbye to Gary, as he is special forces in the Army, and she's so strong. The numbness. Sam has 2 toddlers, a husband in a combat zone, and all I notice is the fact that she is one of the most amazing mothers I know. And Kelly is in the same situation as me, taking it all with a grain of salt, and trusting God will see it through. Adam is scared of being a father and not being home much b/c of recruiting. I say Bring.It.On. I told him that I would much rather him come home late to only give me and Connor a kiss and pass out than be thousands of miles away, wishing he could only give me and Connor a kiss. I cannot wait to be a mother. I have so much love for my son already.

**How far along? 21 weeks! 134 days to go!

**Total weight gain/loss: +11 lbs.. literally a pound a week.

**How Big is Baby?: He's about 12.7 oz and 10.5/11 inches!

**Maternity clothes? Yup

**Stretch marks? not yet..

**Sleep: It's getting harder.

**Best moment this week: Oh those kicks:)

**Movement: .. oh yes.

**Food cravings: .. ramin noodles. lol

**Gender: little boy <3

**Labor Signs: No sir!

**Belly Button in or out? In and spreadin'!

4 comments:

  1. beautiful photo lauren. You look wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. How on earth did you manage to capture such a gorgeous photo? Did you use a Photoshop filter or something? That was one of the most beautiful pregnancy photos I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!! My sister actually took it with her camera and had it blown up. She is quite the creative one:)

    ReplyDelete