*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Monday, May 13, 2013

38 weeks!!


         Oh my gosh. I honestly cannot believe I am making this post. 38 weeks!! This is my last "pregnant" post. Next post will be the introduction of my sweet boy! Today's doctors appointment was highly anticipated, and I was super nervous. I guess because it was my last appointment, and if I made it through today I could breathe a huge sigh of relief. I can't really explain the feeling I have, making it this far in my pregnancy after having a premature baby and complications in my previous pregnancy. I am sure I have momma friends who can relate though. I've done my best to enjoy this pregnancy, but I can't say that I haven't been brought to my knees on many different occasions. I know that God has his hand on me, and I am going to continue to praise him and pray for a healthy, uncomplicated delivery next week. As far as how I'm feeling. Whew... so this is what 38 weeks feels like? :) I'm having a hard time complaining though! I mean, yeah, I have the aches/pains, constant trips to the bathroom, feeling like a whale, but I haven't been swelling and I'm so thrilled to have carried Austin this long! We are ready for him! I just have a few last minute things to do this week, my momma comes next Monday night, and Tuesday at 12 noon is my C-section!! Look for pics next week :)


How far along: 38 weeks
How big is baby: My Doc is guessing around 8 lbs 5 oz.
Total weight gain: Enough. :) but I'm happy with it which says a lot.
Maternity clothes: I'm down to a couple of dresses, but we only have a week left!
Sleep/Dreams: I haven't been sleeping well due to getting up every hour to pee.
Best moment of the week: Doctor's appointment today. Everything is going well still.. 38 weeks!!! Such a huge milestone.
  
Worst moment of week: I'm just uncomfortable.
Food cravings: Anything. I want to eat everything!
Aversions: Nothing really. I've been eating everything in sight.
Symptoms: Peeing every 5 minutes, back pain, exhaustion, being huge.
Movement: yep.

Have you Started to Show? Beluga whale
Gender: Boy :)

Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks and cramping.

Belly Button In or Out: flat.

Wedding Rings On or Off: On!
What I’m looking forward to: 1 week until my Austin makes his debut!
What I miss: I wouldn't mind a beer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment