*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Monday, May 6, 2013

37 weeks. FULL TERM!

     A huge milestone for me. Austin is FULL TERM! I am so relieved that we have made it this far, and now to just get to 39 weeks! 15 days. Keep the prayers coming. My major goal at first was just to get further a long than I was when I had Connor. Once we passed that point, I wanted full term. At this point, I am just so happy that Austin has had 10 extra days to develop and grow than Connor did. My doctor's appointment went great today, and my doctor said that everything looks great. He measured my fundal height and said, "Thank God for C-sections, right?" meaning, Austin is big. Haha. For the record, I'd rather have a vaginal delivery, but I am doing what is safest for both me and Austin given the circumstances. (And, it's really difficult finding a doctor who allows VBACs). Anyway, my bp was still 120/80, and everything is going well. I have ONE appointment left next Monday, then, the next week I will have my sweet baby boy. This past weekend I installed the car seat. I have to say it is strange to see 2 car seats in the SUV. Today, Connor sat in the car and said, "babbbby!" I want to think he truly understand what is going on, but I don't think he does. He knows mommy is having a baby, but I don't think he gets it. He will soon enough though. Of course I worry about Connor, but I know he will adjust just fine, and he is going to be an awesome big brother :) I still feel good. Some days are better than others. If I do too much one day, the next day I pay for it with backaches and muscle pains. For the most part, though, I still feel good. I am just being really positive about it all, I guess, because I am desperate to make it to 39 weeks. Your perspective changes when you have had a baby in the NICU. The longer Austin cooks, the less chance of him being separated from me. I want skin to skin, breastfeeding, and my baby in my arms right away. So, please continue to pray for us!

It was cold Sunday at the park... I am running out of warm weather clothes ;)


How far along: 37 weeks

How big is baby: My doctor measured my fundal height today and then said, "Thank God for c-sections, huh?" haha. (No, I'd rather have a vaginal, but that should answer this question).
Total weight gain: Enough.
Maternity clothes: I pretty much stay in pjs unless we go somewhere. Then, I throw on a maxi dress.
Stretch Marks: Not yet. I'm waiting...
Sleep/Dreams: I've been waking up at like 5 a.m. and not able to go back to sleep. :(
Best moment of the week: Doctor's appointment today! It feels SO good to be FULL TERM!
 
Worst moment of week: Watching my arms jiggle in the mirror.
Food cravings: still craving that mint chocolate chip ice cream. Ugh.
Aversions: Nothing really. I've been eating everything in sight.
Symptoms: Peeing every 5 minutes, back pain, exhaustion, being huge.
Movement: yep.

Have you Started to Show? Beluga whale
Gender: Boy :)

Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks and cramping.

Belly Button In or Out: flat.

Wedding Rings On or Off: On.
What I’m looking forward to: 15 days!!
What I miss: Sleeping on my belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment