*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Identity

    I'm a mom and a military wife. Lately, I've really been struggling with who I am instead of what I am. Let's not get confused here, I absolutely adore my life, my beautiful son, beautiful boy #2 on the way, and my amazing husband. I also feel incredibly blessed to be able to stay home with my son. My husband works extremely hard and the hours are long. Most days, I wake up with my son, fulfill household duties, play with my toddler, and put him to bed. I usually rush rush rush to pick up after he is in bed, and then I plop down on the couch and have "me" time. I realized that by putting everyone else first, I've really let myself get put on the back burner, and I've kinda just lost my identity. Last Thursday a friend of mine was asking people to call a Mary Kay live call so she can be in the running for a new car. I thought, what the hell? I'll help! Connor was in bed, and I was bored anyway. Listening to the lady talk, I was intrigued. Not only because it seemed like a great way to make some extra money for my family, that we can always use, but because it seemed like something to get excited about that would be just for ME. I talked to Adam, signed up, and haven't looked back. Now, it's only been a week, but I know it's going to be a great thing. I didn't sing up to make a million bucks. I really signed up to help bring in any extra money, and also to help me get excited about something for myself. My husband has been incredibly supportive, and he has actually pushed me and helped spread the word that I am now selling Mary Kay. I want to be the absolute best mommy and wife that I can be, but I know in order to be great at what I am, I have to love who I am. Yes, I can now add Mary Kay beauty consultant to what I am, but it's more than that for me. I'm embarking on something that gives me pride and accomplishment, and in that I can be proud of who I am. I'm excited to continue on this journey, and I'm overwhelmed by all of the support I have gotten from family and friends. I even got to talk to a friend I haven't talked to in so long on the phone today because she also sells Mary Kay, and called to offer me advice and words of encouragement. How awesome is that? I'm excited to start 2013 out in a way I didn't think I would!

www.marykay.com/lhill63088

No comments:

Post a Comment