*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Friday, January 18, 2013

21 weeks and changes!

      21 weeks, and holy growth spurt! I knew Austin was going through a growth spurt because I was so exhausted all last week.. and hungry. I was starving. The scale hates me this week, but I remember being pregnant with Connor and having weeks of major weight gain and weeks and weeks with none! By major, I mean 3 lbs. Not to mention, he was kicking less for a couple of days, but he is back at it full force today. Speaking of growth spurts, Connor has been eating us out of house and home! If this is a glimpse into out future, Adam and I are in for it! I'm feeling good these days. Besides being tired and hungry last week, I feel good. This is definitely my favorite time in pregnancy, so I'm trying to enjoy it as much as I can because I know how exhausting it gets in the weeks to come. When it hasn't been raining, Connor and I have been enjoying the park and the zoo! Yesterday we met up with our friends Kelly and Brady at the Houston Zoo. The boys had so much fun, and Connor slept the entire way home. It wasn't as long as his normal nap, but I was fine with it because last night was his first night in his toddler bed! He did awesome! I am so proud of him. Last night it only took 2 walks back to his room and an explanation that this was his "big boy bed and it is night night." He cried off and on, but never came back out and when I went in to check on him, he was passed out in his bed. Not on the floor, not half on the floor, but fully asleep in his big boy bed! Nap time today was the same deal, but it was only 1 walk back to his room, fewer tears, and he is asleep :) I was really worried he would have such a hard time, but he seems to love his bed. I hardly slept last night because I was sure he was going to roam the house, but he did not, and when he woke up this morning, he was talking to his stuffed animals until I went in to get him. Now, we have to finish decorating his fire truck themed room. Adam spray painted the guest room furniture for Con's room, and I ordered fire truck drawer knobs and fabric to hang on the wall. I have a few more things to get, but I'm putting it together bit by bit because we have to also start on Austin's nursery! I plan on making/sewing the majority of Austin's bedding and nursery decorations. I'm excited! I keep thinking, "oh I have time," but the time is really flying by!! Anyway, until next time..

 How far along?: 21 weeks
Sleep: Good these days!
Best moment this week: hanging out with friends at the zoo!
Movement: Yes!
Symptoms: aches, pains, movements :)
Food cravings: I keep craving chipotle, but have only given in once!
Food aversions: Not so much anymore.
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: Oh no, no.
Belly Button in or out?: IN.
What I miss: a glass of wine.
What I am looking forward to: Getting the nursery together!
Weekly Wisdom: Pregnancy comes with its random aches, pains, and strange symptoms. Enjoy your pregnancy and try not to be paranoid.
 Milestones:
Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now, and if you're having a girl, her vagina has begun to form as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment