*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Monday, January 7, 2013

20 weeks. HALFWAY through!

            WHAT?! I cannot even believe I am really over halfway through! (Scheduled c-section is usually a week-ish earlier than the due date) Bonkers! I have so much to do, and I keep thinking I have all of this time, but I don't. Connor came over 4 weeks early, and I am really praying Austin stays put for at least 38/39 weeks, but I want to be prepared early enough! We are starting on the boys' rooms probably this week or the next, and I'm so excited! Ready to move Con up to the big boy bed! I think he is ready. He doesn't try to escape from his crib, but I want to move him into his big boy bed before he thinks it is a game to escape. He is really great about going to bed too, so hopefully it won't be that hard. I'm sure we will have a long few nights though. We are all sickness free in the house, besides Con's snot face and little cough. I am pretty sure we will be fighting colds all winter long though. RSV symptoms linger. No, he doesn't have it, but the symptoms linger since it affected his respiratory system and whatnot. Speaking of Connor, he has really started to throw tantrums. It is lovely! He gently lays himself on the floor and THEN starts crying. bahaha. My method with this is walking away. It usually works. Connor is incredibly happy outdoors, and as long as he isn't bored, he doesn't usually throw a temper tantrum. Busy little bee. The sun is finally shining, but I don't think it will last. We spent over a week indoors due to rain. Hello CABIN FEVER. We were miserable. I hate having him watch a lot of t.v., so I turned it off or put it on music and we played and read books.. every day. Cleaning is overrated. (just kidding), but I'm trying to spend more time playing and laughing with my sweet boy, and less time worrying about little messes. I think the hard part is really that at the end of the day I'm too exhausted to run around and clean clean clean, pick up pick up pick up, like I used to do. So, to hell with it! .. Moving On ..

      Today, at the anatomy scan, Austin looked fabulous!! I just absolutely love seeing his sweet face on the ultrasound. Can't say he was as happy to see us. (Not that he can actually see us, but you get it). He was not feeling it, but the sonographer said all of his organs and everything look perfect. :) I asked her about the "sore spot" on the upper right side of my stomach, and she checked the spot, but it looked fine. Everything looked fine, and she even checked my kidneys, gall bladder, etc. (said she technically isn't supposed to, but it looked fine). The doctor came in later and I asked her. She said that is where my bowels are. Bahha. sweet. Pretty fantastic. Gotta love how pregnancy can affect your body. I've gained about 10 lbs. Not great, not bad. Not really worried about it. I'm aware of what I put in my body, and I am busy all day every day. My blood pressure was fine, and the doctor just said we will wish any pre-eclampsia and thrombocytopenia away, but that usually doesn't show up until the 3rd trimester anyway. I'm confident in this team of doctors I have, and I'm confident in my God. :) For now, all is perfect, and I'm in love with my baby boy!

 How far along?: 20 weeks
Sleep: Eh. I have to be careful turning over. It hurts if I make sudden movements!
Best moment this week: Seeing my baby's sweet face on the ultrasound!
Movement: Yes!
Symptoms: aches, pains, movements :)
Food cravings: crap! lol
 Food aversions: Not so much anymore.
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: Oh no, no.
Belly Button in or out?: IN.
What I miss: Being able to bend over without thinking about ti.
What I am looking forward to: Getting the nursery together!
Weekly Wisdom: Everything is pretty much "normal" in pregnancy, but don't be afraid to mention any aches and pains to you doctor.
 Milestones: our baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)
He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).


  

No comments:

Post a Comment