*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sickies

       Its Tuesday, and Connor and I have been sick for almost a week. We're talkin' uncontrollable snot, coughing to the point of almost barfing, sore throat.. you get it. So GROSS.  We always get sick at the worst times, ever. My mother in law is coming to visit on Thursday,  The USMC Ball is on Saturday, and then on Monday Connor and I are flying to VA to visit my family. I'm really excited. I just wish we were feeling better, right now. Not to mention, my house looks like "hoarders: buried alive." We completely moved the coffee table, and it's become a baby's dream. Absolute disaster for us though. Well, yesterday I ended up taking Connor to the doctor. His snot was green, and I wanted to make sure he didn't have any sort of infection. Well, he has a sinus infection, so his doctor put him on amoxicillin (sp?) and I gave him benadryl last night. Dare I tell you the real reason... I was making sure it made him drowsy for the flight! I don't want him awake the majority of the flights for several reasons. Number 1 reason is so that he isn't fussy and bored and Number 2 reason is that I don't want him touching EVERYTHING. Airplanes are like an incubator of sickness. No thanks. I'm not a neurotic mother when it comes to germs anymore, (I was pretty bad the first few months) but I really don't want him to be sick while we are in VA with my family for Thanksgiving. Johnson's makes a "baby bath" soothing vapor. It helps babies with colds, it says, and it really does. I poured some in his bath water, and it really cleared him up. Cleared me up too. Just an FYI for mommies with sick babies. If you are like me, you will try anything! Despite his sinus infection, he is still his little energetic self. I swear, nothing slows this kid down. At the doctor yesterday, he weighed 19 lbs 13 oz. His weight gaining seems to be slowing down... because he is constantly moving. Oh, and last night he pulled up!! I sat him down on his changing table, and he grabbed the handle and stood up. Which is actually really freakin' scary because that's quite a fall.
That's the changing table.. on the left side of my GIANT belly, under the tree :) But, you can see why it's scary that he pulled up on it. By the way, I cringe looking back at the pregnancy pictures! haha This was 4 days before I had Connor, and I was only 35 weeks pregnant here. Anyway, moving on.. I have been totally slacking on making his baby food lately. It really has been just a rough month. I'm really looking forward to this weekend and the ball with my husband. We need it! I am getting my hair done. Haven't done that since prom, lol. But, I'm goin' all out. We got a room at the resort where the ball is, and my mother in law is watching Connor that night. I'm going to have a REALLY hard time leaving him for an entire night, but I know Adam and I need this. Besides, Kathy raised 4 children, lol, I know she is going to be amazing with Connor, and I know they will have a blast! I have no worries. Anyways, here are some pics from this past week. I swear, Connor is growing every single day!




No comments:

Post a Comment