*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

12 weeks!!

   I can't believe I am already 12 weeks. 2nd trimester!!! Woooo. Feels like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I have an appointment Friday, and I will publicly announce the pregnancy when I get the pregnancy reveal photo back. Honestly, I am so excited, but I'm kind of hesitant to post it on facebook because, well, I saw a bunch of statuses today that said, "everyone is pregnant, blah blah." I duno.. I'm obviously going to post it, but I'm not in a hurry to blurt it out. Anyway, I feel much better these days. Those first 10 weeks were rough. Now, I can actually enjoy being pregnant... and this big ol' bump that seems to have appeared. Anyway, here is the survey for this week!

How far along?: 12 weeks :)
Total weight gain/loss: +3 wah.
Sleep: Still pretty tired.
Best moment this week: Today.. being in the 2nd tri!!
Symptoms: The nausea has let up, but the exhaustion has not.
Food cravings: tomatoes and mozzarella!
Food aversions: Depends on the day.
Gender: Don't know yet. I feel like it is a girl
Labor Signs: Oh no, no.
Belly Button in or out?: IN.
What I miss: picking up my baby without worrying about what I might strain..
What I am looking forward to: Getting our family photos back, so that I can announce this pregnancy already.
Weekly Wisdom: meh.
Milestones:
The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.
Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.

No comments:

Post a Comment