*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

bring it on home to me..

  

    I have tried not to complain too much on my blog about recruiting duty. You all know that my husband and I live in Texas with our son, Connor. 1200 + miles away from our family and friends. I have been truly blessed to have gotten to know several friends in Texas, so that I am not constantly conversing with a one year old.. but it still gets lonely. My husband works so much. It can be 12 or more hours a day, and most weekends he AT LEAST works 1 day. It gets hard, and often times I find myself getting frustrated that I'm here.. alone. But, I'm trying so hard to be a great wife and mother. My husband busts his ass for us, and he is constantly feeling the pressure from work. I have been through a deployment where I only talked to Adam MAYBE 10 times in 8 months. We could email, but not "chat" on the phone or skype often at all. I am an artillery wife, so I have done weeks in the field.. but none of it compares to this. Before we left for recruiting duty, we were told by many people that this would be the hardest job for Adam in the Marine Corps, and it would be a huge test to our marriage. On top of that, I had Connor 1 month after being here and 1 month before Adam went on production. It's been tough. We have definitely had our ups and down, but I am so happy to say that we are almost halfway through recruiting duty! I think it's harder because when he deploys, he's just gone, and I miss him, but it is a different kind of stress. I am so sick of hearing "well, at least he comes home at night..." because most nights we are either in bed or I've barely made it, waiting up for him. Yes, I am thankful that our son knows daddy, and Adam gets to spend time with him, but the stress is outrageous. We only have each other here, so we've really had to concentrate on our marriage, and we have realized that communication is key. Recruiting duty means that Adam is on domestic soil, but it doesn't make it any easier on our family. I don't think a family can truly understand the stress of recruiting duty until they've been on it. I am grateful for the wives and families I have met out here who have stuck it out and lend an ear and shoulder when it is needed. Tonight has just been one of those nights...

1 comment:

  1. Im sorry babe!!! We thought something would be better than artillery!!! ugh we had it good lol. Kings Bay isnt much better I maybe see Caleb once a week!!! I hate that we are so far away, but you are such a strong strong woman, look at all you tackled the last deployment!?!?! You are such a great mommy and if anyone can do this its you!!! Friends of ours often tell us of their recruiting experience......oy. No thanks! If you need me I am here even if it is miles away!!! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete