*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Monday, April 25, 2011

36 weeks...

 






\

    36 weeks almost... we finally finished the nursery! YAY, but I'm so frustrated.  I went to the doctor today not expecting much. I just figured they would check to see if I'm dialated, which I'm not, and check on Connor. Well, I've been feeling dizzy for the past few days and have had some headaches, so I mentioned it to the doctor. She took my blood pressure and it was 140/90 which is high, so she sent me over to the hospital to get blood work done and an ultrasound. I figured they would just do it quickly. No. I was there for about 2 hours. They hooked me up to monitors and put me in the observation room. My blood pressure didn't change, but Connor is okay. They did an ultrasound, and he is already measuring 7 lb 15 oz and is measuring about 41 weeks. Now, I've been basing my weeks off of my 1st appointment which makes me 36 weeks tomorrow. My doctors are basing my weeks off of my last menstrual period which only puts me at 35 weeks 3 days. If that's the case, Connor is measuring almost 6 weeks ahead of what he should be. Which is insane. They also checked to see if he was practicing his breathing in case they do need to take him early, and he is. I saw his diaphragm moving. Obviously he isn't breathing but he's practicing, which is good. After the ultrasound, the nurse came in and said "good news is you get to go home.. bad news is you're on bedrest." I can only get up to pee and take quick showers. I'm not good at doing what I'm told. I'm already miserable. The house is a mess, and I just want to be able to do stuff. I really hope next week my blood pressure is better or they decide to induce me. I don't want to be induced too early, but he's healthy and that's all I want. I feel like crying... I don't understand 1. why I have such an insanely large baby, and 2. why I have high blood pressure. I'm a healthy person!! wth?! I'll update next week.

**How far along? 36 weeks!

**Total weight gain/loss: 30 somethin' lbs.

**How Big is Baby?: Uhm... he's measuring 7 lb 15 oz and is about 19 inches long.


**Maternity clothes? Will be in sweats all week..

**Stretch marks? Not yet!

**Sleep: No.

**Best moment this week: Finding out Connor is healthy...

**Movement: Yep

**Food cravings: Water.

**Gender: sweet boy <3

**Labor Signs: BH, but nothing serious.

**Belly Button in or out? In!

**What I am looking forward to: My appt. on Monday to find out what's going on!


No comments:

Post a Comment