*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Life with two

     I'm still figuring out this mom of 2 thing. Juggling a 2 year old, a newborn, diaper bag, and keeping my sanity is no easy task. Yesterday, I locked my keys in the car at Kroger. Luckily I had both boys out of the car though. It was 100 degrees outside, so inside my car it was way hotter. I would have busted a window if I had to, but they were both safe with mommy. Thank God. Today, I had my 6 week postpartum checkup. I don't know what I was thinking, but I figured it would be a quick, "hey look your scar is fine" and we'd be done. No, I had an exam. With both boys in the room with me. Getting there alone was enough hassle. I didn't allow myself enough time to get ready. Word of advice: allow at least 2 hours to get ready and out of the house. I needed to leave the house at 9:45. Austin woke up to nurse at 7:30, Connor woke up to eat breakfast around 8:15. I got in the shower at 8:30.. Austin was crying&Connor was crying b/c he wanted me to open a bottle of lotion (while I was in the shower), so I showered in all of 5 minutes, opened the bottle of lotion? and grabbed Austin. He was hungry, so I threw on the ring sling and nursed him while I started blow drying my hair. When I went to get Connor's clothes for the day, I heard him cry because he touched my straightener even though I told him not to because it is hot. He knows what that means. He has been burned before when he climbed up Adam's motorcycle while it was still hot. Anyway, I changed him, burped Austin and quickly finished getting ready. Which resulted in me looking half homeless. Leggings, blouse, hair in a bun, shoes half on, and funky makeup. Oh well! The boys are ready. I learned my lesson on allowing more time to get ready. Finally, we were off. I kept my cool b/c I know kids feed off of your energy and acting stressed would only make it worse. Luckily, I snatched the Ziploc bag of lactation cookies I made last night. I took the umbrella stroller for Connor and carried the car seat b/c the doctors office is too small for the double stroller, and wearing Austin wasn't an option given the dr apt was for me. Talk about hands full of kids. We were only 5 minutes late, and I'm glad we were late b/c we had wait 20 minutes in the waiting room. When we finally got back to the exam room Connor was 4 cookies deep. I walked in and realized I was getting an exam. Oh God, seriously?? Austin was nursing, and Connor was 6 cookies deep when the doctor came in. I nursed the entire time, and Connor was a perfect angel since by the time we left he had eaten about 8 lactation cookies (the entire bag). By the time I gt home, I wanted to pass out on the couch, but it was only noon. NOON. Con and Austin both were hungry, so I fed them both, got Con down for a nap, & scarfed down lunch before Austin wanted to eat again. And now he is eating while I write this post.

Austin isconstantly nursing still, so I had to figure out a way to nurse him hands free-ish. I ordered a ring sling, and if you are a mom of 2 with a toddler and nursing, I highly recommend one. I can throw on the sling, and throw Austin in it to nurse without feeling like I'm going to lose an arm. I typically hold his head just to give him some comfort, but it takes the weight off of my arm while I am making Connor a sandwich or chasing him down. Con has been really good with "Aushhtin" still. He is a big help, and if Austin is crying he says, "It's okay baby, it's okay." Despite the craziness each day brings, I am constantly reminded of my blessings. Thank God for my boys. All 3 of them.

2 comments:

  1. Making me nervous and excited ;) You're doing so good with 2. You're such a good mommy! I take my showers at night to save time. Not sure how your hair is, but it works well with mine. A fresh blow dry looks better of course.. but ya know.. I save that for special occasions. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren! I had a question for you about possibly collaborating on something and was hoping you could email me back to discuss? Thanks so much!

    - Emma

    emmabanks9 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete