*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Toddler Life..

     Tonight, my toddler, (wahhh, TODDLER!) ran up to me about five times in a row and gave me a huge hug and kiss. He is the most loving little boy, and I cannot get enough! I love him to bits. I have rocked this child to sleep every night since he was born, and the week of his first birthday he started walking into his room around bedtime. So, the first night he did that I laid him in his crib and walked away. It was about 6:45 p.m., and I never heard a peep once I turned the light out and walked out of his room. For almost 2 weeks, that has been the trend for nap time and bed time. It was as if he knew he wasn't a little baby anymore. It breaks my heart, but it is a huge relief. I was beginning to think I was going to have to rock him until he was 10 years old, but to be honest, I didn't listen to the books that told me to let him "cry it out." I never, ever, let my baby cry it out, and he did it on his own when he was ready. I'm not gonna lie, that was a proud mommy moment right there. I just can't believe the little boy he is becoming..






2 comments:

  1. Adorable!! Way to go Connor!! I have a hard time with the whole cry it out thing...I don't know how I feel about that one yet. For now I know Sophia is too young for that, but I know a lot of people do it around 6 months or so. For now what we do works! I nurse her and sing to her in my bed and she falls asleep and I lay her in her bassinet! And she sleeps like 5-6 hours, wakes up, eats for like 5-10 min and goes right back to sleep, wakes up a couple hours later...same thing, so I guess I can't complain right now!!! I do love watching her fall asleep though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rocked him every single night until the week he turned One, and then he just didn't want me to anymore.. I put him in his crib awake and he falls asleep. I, peronally, feel that babies do everything on their terms when they are ready. I can't stand to sit and listen to him cry.. besides Connor has a really hard time self soothing. In the book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" he doesn't say that one way is better than the other. He gives you tips on both ways to get baby to sleep. So, for a long time I would lay Connor down so he knew it was bedtime, and after about 5 minutes go in and rock him because he would be crying. You will figure out what is best for you, and you just do what works! Hope Sophia is doing well.. she is just precious!!

    ReplyDelete