*Our Story*

This is the ramblings of a Marine Wife, Mommy, and Gym rat. Home is where the Marine Corps sends us. NC -> TX -> CA. Welcome to my sometimes stressful, mostly crazy, but always beautiful life.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Quality over Quantity

     The past two years of my life have been a whirlwind. I graduated College, moved to NC, got married to a Marine & love of my life, got pregnant, moved to Texas, and had my sweet Connor. Phew! It's hard for me to keep up with myself, so I am so, very grateful for my friends who have stuck by me through the major changes in my life. If I have learned anything about friendships in the course of those crazy two years, it is that quality trumps quantity. I have lost "friends," but with that, I have grown so close to my true friends. No matter what I call to talk about, whether I call to catch up or whine, they are there. My best friends are all over the place. Richmond, VA Beach, and even Germany. But, it doesn't matter because our friendships work both ways. I call them, they call me, and if we go over a week without talking, we don't get mad. We Understand. I was walking with my friend and neighbor last night, and we were talking about this. She said, "some friends are only meant to be in our lives for a season..." That made me think. Then why is it SO hard to let go? We try so hard to hold on to a piece of our past that doesn't want to be a part of our present and future. Recently, I finally let go of that, and I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off of my heart. It hurt to let go, but friendships shouldn't have to be forced. Just like any relationship, forcing a friendship only makes you miserable. Some people grow a part, and if only one person is trying to make the friendship last, it is going to turn toxic. I am absolutely fine with having a handful of close friends, and I know that these friends would drop everything at a moment I needed them, and they would be there for me. Once I accepted that letting go can be GOOD and not always bad, my life was instantly better. I am happier because I have friends and family who lift me up instead of pull me down. I am going home with Connor Monday, and I cannot wait to see family and friends! I am so blessed..

1 comment:

  1. So true girlfriend! I struggle with letting go of friendships that meant so much to me! Thanks for writing this!! :)

    ReplyDelete